Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be nice if we had a poll/database of current and past orders. Since we can all edit our own posts we can update the information as new events happen. Especially the delivery date! :D

If you are already driving your road rocket please post your experience so all of us can get an idea of the past and current lag times for delivery. I know some of this data can be found throughout the forum but this will make it easier for everyone to see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'll go first

Car: 300C Satin Jade/Deep Jade/Light Graystone
Options: Sound Group II/Uconnect/HID lamps/Adjustable Pedals

Negotiated Price: $33,680 +tax +lic +doc fee -Chrysler incentives
Down Payment: $2,000
Price Paid: tbd
Trade-in: tbd
Trade Value: tbd

Order Date: 05/25/04
Build Date: tbd
Ship Date: tbd
Delivery Date: tbd

Initial Problems: Called the dealer 3 times to get the VON, still no VON :mad:

First Mods:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Car: 300C Black/Light Graystone
Options: Sound Group II/Uconnect/HID lamps/Protection II/Walnut Trim/Sirius

Negotiated Price: EP
Down Payment: $500
Price Paid: just under 33k minus 1k finance incentive
Trade-in: Ford Expedition
Trade Value: 6k

Order Date: 05/24/04
VIN received 6/21/04
D1 Status 6/29/04
Build Date: in framing as of July 13th
Ship Date: On the train as of July 20th
Delivery Date: 7/27/04

Initial Problems:

First Mods: Installed tint, Llumar paint protection clear bra, and splash guards. Still deciding about an aftermarket alarm and grill

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
C-Man said:
Car: 300C Black/Light Graystone
Order Date: 05/24/04
VIN received 6/21/04
Build Date: tbd
Ship Date: tbd
Delivery Date: tbd
C-Man, you must be blessed.
I doubt there are many that have a VIN (order status D/D1) who ordered in late May. There are many folks that ordered their car before you and are still sitting in order status BX. You lucky dog! ;)

I ordered my C on May 27 and I am still in BX. On Tuesday I called Chrysler and they said to call back after July 4 because nothing will be allocated/scheduled for build until then.
Just curious - what was your VON?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes, I am fortunate that I have a VIN. As of Monday, it was in D status. I will call next week and hopefully will be in D1 with a firm schedule. My VON is 13163xxx. I'm hoping for a delivery by the end of July/ first of August.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Car: 300C Brilliant Black , Drk Gray/ Med GRay
Options: Nav & Sound Grp II, Protection Grp II, Power pedals, Walnut, HID, Moonroof, smokers group

Negotiated Price: $37k (I'm in LA, brutal market.. haven't even seen one on my dealer's lot since premiere night and i drive by it every day on the way home from work!)
Down Payment: $500
Price Paid: tbd
Trade-in: "Buffalo Bill" 93 Caravan (yes a big step up)
Trade Value: not much

Order Date: 05/02/04 #1295xxxx
VIN received: TBD
Build Date: TBD
Ship Date: TBD
Delivery Date: TBD

Initial Problems: probably won't be able to stop peeling out.

First Mods: Plannning on 20" or maybe 22" rims, tint, mud flaps, more wood for interior, leather console cover, grill - but will wait to see what else comes out although I do like the E&G that some members here have added, anyone know anyplace that makes custom hood ornaments?, will have the dealer add UConnect as well...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Black Pearl Road Rocket

300C, loaded with everything except U-connect, rolled off the lot 4-19 (pre-premier night at the Dealership, where I met CEO Tom Lasorda). Around $40K. It gets looks and comments everytime I drive it. Love the ride and the power...bummer about the 11mpg around town, but what is horsepower for anyway! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Silver 300C W/Lt Greystone seats.
Loaded; except Cold Climate block heater
Ordered 27 April
Built 20 May
Left Plant 20 May
Arrived Benicia CA railyard 29 May
Picked up at dealer 9 Jun
6 weeks total

Windows tinted
Dark floormats
"Bently Style" grill just received

Paid $37000 - $1000 finance ($10K for 3 mo.) = $36000 + tax, lic,doc fee.

Love it! No problems except for one small pimple/bump in door paint - I never noticed but tint guy found it. Will have it fixed at first service.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Car:
300C Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior Paint
Dark Slate Gray/Medium Slate Gray Interior Color

Options:
Navigation and Sound Group II
Power Moonroof

Negotiated Price: $36,020 +tax, etc... - $1,000 Chrysler incentives
Down Payment: $4,000
Price Paid: 3 yr lease
Trade-in: none
Trade Value: n/a

Order Date: 05/05/04
7/01/04 - VIN # assigned with a build date of 8/9/04
7/30/04 - now changed to 8/17/04
8/06/04 - changed again to 8/18/04
8/13/04 - changed yet again to 8/24/04
8/17/04 - D1 status :D with a tentative build date of 8/24/04
8/24/04 - KZ - Plant Release 2:40pm
Ship Date: 8/25/04
Delivery Date: est 8/31/04 -- we will see !
Took delivery 9/02/04

Initial Problems:
THE WAIT :mad:
THE WAIT :mad:

First Mods:
Window tint - 20% all around
Splash guards
Locking Gas Cap

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thought I would give this a bump in hopes of more input. We just past our 6th week of waiting, I know that is not as bad as some of you. But I sure wish I could get a VON out of the dealer so I could check the status of the build. This is really turning into a great test of patience. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
went to dealership 6/28/04
put down payment on 300 that was already allocated to the dealership
got vin # that day

has been in D1 status since 6/26/04

excpecting to be finished being built sometime next week

keeping my fingers crossed on that one

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
MauiHemi - If they can't provide a VON after this amount of time, there is something going on. The Chrysler online system lets them place an order immediately and receive the VON. This is whether they have allocation or not. If they don't have the allocation, you could sit at BX status forever, but you would still have a VON. Since you live on the Islands, you could have an even longer shipping time, but you should still have a VON. I would try to give them some pressure to see what you can get out of them. Unfortunately, you probably have few dealers to choose from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my Cool Vanilla 300C the first week in March. I got it July 7th. The only option I ordered was the 6-disc CD changer, which did not come with my delivered car. My dealer had to order it, but it is backordered (40 units backordered to be exact), and could not be installed in time for my vacation this week. Perhaps DC was not prepared for all the options and that is the reason for the long waits. I love the car, and can't wait to drive it to Myrtle Beach. I'm sure I'll hear "That thang got a hemi" at the stoplights, and I'll have to show them!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a silver 300C with Navigation & Sound Group II, Protection Group, High Intensity Headlights, and Sirius Satellite Radio on 5/26/2004. Dealership advised car is sitting in Benicia (CA) railyard awaiting transport to dealership. Expected delivery on or about 8/16/2004.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
TopDog said:
I ordered a silver 300C with Navigation & Sound Group II, Protection Group, High Intensity Headlights, and Sirius Satellite Radio on 5/26/2004. Dealership advised car is sitting in Benicia (CA) railyard awaiting transport to dealership. Expected delivery on or about 8/16/2004.
Just curious. Which Bay Area dealer did you buy your car from?
I ordered my car on 5/27 and I am still stuck in D1 with expected ship date of Aug 17.

·
Registered
15 Posts
300C Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior Paint

Options:
Navigation
Sound Group II
Power Moonroof

Negotiated Price: $36,500
Down Payment: $1,000
Price Paid: TBD
Trade-in: None