Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the site but thought some of you might get a kick out of this. Before I traded in my Vette, I was really looking for an SUV (X5, Range Rover, etc) but the local dealer here made me a great trade offer and I picked up an 06 SRT8 with about 14,000 miles on it two days ago.

Since I didn't really know that much about the 300C SRT8's other than you can't swing a dead cat around without hitting a 300, I turned to this site to research it. I really liked my GCSRT8 that I got rid of last year, so I knew the powertrain was potent.

Anyway, based on everyone's very positive comments, yesterday I picked up a Predator and CMR tune. I didn't have enough wheel time to do a very good A/B comparison, but I did get about 20hp to the wheels (384/384) and another 5 mpg on the return trip so I thought that was pretty kick ass.

I'm sure with the right exhaust and CAI those numbers could improve, but I'm not sure if that's worth it. I just though some of you might get a laugh that it was dyno'd and tuned less than 24 hours after getting it.
:wink:
Cheers!
-chad

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
congrats on your C-SRT purchase. i'm sure you can improve those numbers a tad with a new CMR after the exhausts and cai install.

in my opinion, i like the CORSA exhaust and a CAI that puts the filter outside the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You can probably pick up about another 10-15 RWHP with a good CAI and exhaust.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
and a bit more with a predator,it also does wonders for your lazy tranny

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
and a bit more with a predator,it also does wonders for your lazy tranny
well he has already picked up the predator and gained 20 RWHP...I think he's looking for some more bolt on mods?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley! That is one of the quickest upgrades to Predator and CMR tune that I've read!

Look forward to what other madness you will contribute to around here!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new to the site but thought some of you might get a kick out of this. Before I traded in my Vette, I was really looking for an SUV (X5, Range Rover, etc) but the local dealer here made me a great trade offer and I picked up an 06 SRT8 with about 14,000 miles on it two days ago.
This is almost my exact story. I traded in a vette for my SRT8, but I almost bought several different SUVs including an H2, X5 and a Denali. I didn't know about the SRT8 until I stumbled upon it searching for cars on the internet. I'm glad I got an SRT8. I just put an exhaust on it that sounds killer.:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts