Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm an owner of a 2014 300S. Just the 3.6L V6, can't afford my first Hemi yet :3. I asked these questions around the Reddit forum as well but wasn't really getting any replies so I decided to shoot here.

These two little quirks have bugged me for a while (but the second question I added more as an afterthought)

1: Do you guys notice a bit of tug when the car shifts? (especially lower gears) Almost feels like gear slip but it's sort of infrequent and only noticeable when shifting into second or third, very noticeable though, feels like when you just lightly tap the brake pedal. My new 300 (used to have an 09) was kind of inherited, so I haven't gotten the chance to drive another to feel it out and compare. I'm going to get my fluid levels checked soon but I wanted to ask fellow owners first before I let this go on any longer.

2: Now this one's just kinda out there but....the signal stick. Does yours feel and sound like the click of your butane igniter? Because mine does. I flick the turn signal and CRACK. Feels like the thing broke but nope, just no softness to it at all. Very confusing considering the high beam switch clicks softly and so I felt I wanted to ask fellow owners if they experience the same thing. If not, this'd be the second time I had a broken turn stick on a 300 :p. Yeah it's a petty thing to foil over, but I genuinely want to know

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I have the V6 and the 8 speed, and it's really smoothed out well. I can still get a little kick going into 2nd, but it's not bad unless I was slowing down at the time and pressed on the accelerator. It never feels like I'm pressing on the brake. Do you have the 8 speed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the V6 and the 8 speed, and it's really smoothed out well. I can still get a little kick going into 2nd, but it's not bad unless I was slowing down at the time and pressed on the accelerator. It never feels like I'm pressing on the brake. Do you have the 8 speed?
I do have the 8 speed. It happens whenever I accelerate including from a stopped position. It's like driving with someone who's just learning to drive stick. There is noticeable lag between the first 3 gears and the car jolts.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
IIRC there were some technical service bulletins if not reflashes of the TCM which might help for the '14. My '12 had only a TSB to unstick the accumulators that would adapt into la-la land and get stuck. Mine did that! The procedure to clear the accumulators with the service tool is more convoluted than my solution, which was to unplug the battery for a few hours. Then the transmission started over again and adapted correctly to my style of driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I found TSB #21-004-15, and found a thread from a fellow user who had this flash done, I'll see if I can get in contact with him to find out if he had the same problem https://www.300cforums.com/threads/tsb-21-004-15-8-speed-update.224370/

Thing is, I had recalls performed to reflash the TCM for different reasons (U82, U83), so everything should already be up to date, and the TSB dates back to 2014. Ugh, shaking my head XD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
DeDeal
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing