Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a bit of talk on the forums of Chrysler "buying back" vehicles that
pull to right and can't be fixed, or have multiple other problems. Exactly what happens to these cars once bought back? Aren't they just going to be "fixed" and resold to some poor schmuck? :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
SilverHemi said:
Quite a bit of talk on the forums of Chrysler "buying back" vehicles that
pull to right and can't be fixed, or have multiple other problems. Exactly what happens to these cars once bought back? Aren't they just going to be "fixed" and resold to some poor schmuck? :confused:
:eek:

Although I sympathize with the frustration and uncertainty of having
a new car not working perfectly, perhaps this is a bit out of perspective.
Sometimes these things take on a life of their own, and
feed on themselves.

Consider the fact that folks with problems are far more likely
than satisfied owners to take the time to locate online forums
and post their views. With that in mind, LX's appear *more*
troublefree than most first model year cars.

For contrast, take recent BMW M3's, whose engines, IIRC,
grenaded with low miles.

Compare that with a brand new model, three months after
introduction, where some examples pull to the right, and the
manufacturer is already trying to fix it.

This, on a car with great styling, Mercedes mechanicals,
a Hemi, at $35K loaded? Intelligent people may disagree but, to me,
if there is a buyback under those conditions the only "poor schmuck"
is DC.

But I guess I'm just easy to please. ;)

Again, I have no desire to start a flame war, and have great
sympthy for the valid frustration of having a new car that
is not perfect. Maybe it's just sour grapes because I am so
envious of the folks who have one already. :D

Best,

George Ferguson

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I have firsthand experience. I sold My RX8 back to Mazda and it entered thier fleet to be sold to thier employees at a nice discount, don't know about DC. I think a buyback program is unlikely, individual cars perhaps on a case by case basis which is nothing new. I love my C and many cars have issues the first year, I do think the Japanese do it better but they don't have Da Hemi.

·
Registered
39 Posts
II kings 9:20- funny, I went to buy an RX8... TWICE! I went to two dealers, both had a different car brought in to my specs. Went to sign the papers and on both final test runs the check engine light came on. Figured it was an act from above telling me not to buy the Mazda. :eek:

Then the 300C came out. Mine was ordered 5/7, I called and got a VIN last week. I certainly hope it turns out to be worth the wait after the horrible Mazda experience.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
300Cya, My C has been fantastic and I expect early bugs have been worked out. Don't let all this talk about drifting right make you overly sensitive. In other posts I have stated my car drifts right with right crown and left with left crown just like my X5 and to a lesser degree with my fwd Sienna. Your car is after the 4/25 fix date, I think it will be well worth the wait as it was for me. I am still granny driving getting dusted buy Audi diesels, ooooh just wait, I am taking it on a 600 mile trip through the hills of WV and will pass the "break in" (if there is such a thing)in the first 50 miles of the trip. My car has a manual speed monitor that is not a factory option (many of us have one) called my wife. I doubt I'll get it much above 90.

·
Registered
39 Posts
II kings 9:20, ROFLMAO! My husband wanted me to have whatever car I wanted. Looked at many! Because I inadvertently forgot to let him test drive the Jag, he drove the 300 first. The salesman started that drive by saying "I just want to let you know, this is not MY car.... go ahead and pass that car". We did and it was over. We were sold. Especially since the gas mileage was comparable to what I drive now and it does not require the high octane fuel.

·
Registered
206 Posts
300CYA...it WILL be worth the wait. This car has styling, power to spare, advanced electronics, an incredible Boston Acoustic sound system, and a luxury ride. I took a buddy and his wife for a ride...they both wanted one and started arguing about who would get to drive it! Light the wick on THIS candle and it will pin you back in the seat for quite a stetch. You can turn to the rider in the passenger seat and say "that is what you get with 390 foot pounds of torque." Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pixel Pusher- thank you for clarifying

05Hemi- Agreed... styling, power to spare, advanced electronics (a little scary because most problems stem from it), luxury.... Okay, you've successfuly managed to wear my patience and I am beginning to suffer from IWANTITNOW!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I'm with you 300Cya, I want it now, got the plates, but have to wait about a year for it Down Under :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts