Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm new here, just found this forum in hope of getting to know a few of you.
I just bought a new car, 300C 5.7L Hemi 2005.
Works awesome and I love this car since it's release.
It's my first V8 and first Chrysler.
I've been building SAAB 9-5 for 10 years, custom parts, eningines etc.. I know what you're thinking. Shit car.
Well, compared to Chrysler... Yes!
I've always wanted to learn everything about these cars and now is my time.

The new car really works great, and the former owner has really done a nice job taking care of it.
No rust, no shitty coilovers, the custom parts overall is neat.
Only thing I'm curious about is if Chrysler 300c has any manufactory spoftware, like SAAB's WIS and ETC?
I'm looking for something like this so I can get a hold on service manuals, eletrical wire plans, faultcodes, how to change/build/remove parts.

I might be completely off track but I hope chrysler has something close to SAAB's WIS, so I can learn by myself with a software.

I'm planning to rebuild the motor first so I know that everything is in order.
Next step to upgrade software and rewire some cables into a better system to avoid all of the 300c's electrical issues.
Once I've done this, I'll rebuild the interiour. For an example, instead of original stereo I'll put in an 8" screen, connected to a rasberry computer.
Speakers and subs are currently under planning due to custom panels in doors and trunk.
Bodykit will be ordered as well and a custom paint to it.

Main idea of all of this is to enter a few car shows in Sweden, where I live. These custom car shows are extremely underated in Sweden compared to America.
But it has grown a bit over the years so I want to make a run for it with my Chrysler.

I'll take all the help I can get and hopefully I can bring back some to you guys.

Regards Manoshimo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow European!
Congrats with the 300C you bought, hope you'll enjoy it!

I've heard a lot about those US Car meetings in Sweden, they seem to be awesome!

Greetings, Joey from the Netherlands

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300C 5.7L Hemi 2005

Hi everyone!

New member from Sweden.
-No it's not nice here, we have a shitty weather that prevents me from driving my new car.

I just bought my 300C after drewling like crazy over it since it's release.
I've never got into V8 at all due to lack of knowleague.
For 10 years I've been working only with SAAB 9-5's. Custom jobs and enginebuilds.
-Yes SAAB i shit but it's fun to drive one. Especially when you race against cars worth 10x more than a 9-5 and they have no shot at you at all.

So, I feel that my time with SAAB is done and moving on to my dreamcar. Chrysler 300C.
This car is awesome. No doubt about that.
I just feel a bit lost even if I've followed most of forums and youtubers fixing theirs etc.
I have never actually had one in front of me physically, but now I do and it's mine.
Therefore I want to know everything there is about this awesome piece of machinery.

Things I'm looking for:
Any software from manufactory wich allows me to se electrical wire plans, how to change parts, installation guides, service manuals etc.

I used a software for SAAB called WIS, it shows everything you need to know about SAAB. Atuomotive software..
So if there is something alike this one, please share the information.

Also, I hope I can help out if I can in here.
I will rebuild alot in this new car of mine and share my progress to you.

Regards ManoShimo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

Oh I'm enjoying it allright. Neighbours hate the sound but still looks amazed every time I drive by^^
The car meetings over here usually contains little kids fooling around with their Volvo cars.. Especially in wintertime they drift around all the famous roundabouts we have in Sweden.
The US carshows is more about the best restored ones. All original parts and so on, nothing fancy if you're looking for the custom ones. That's for Elmia, a carshow mostly for custom builds.
You never see there cars on the streets wich is a shame. My plan is to drive is all summer no matter how much money I'll put into it. You gotta show off, right :

Have you done any mods on your car?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haha okay! That's a lot different then the things I hear about the stuff going on in Sweden..
The 'Power Big Meet' in Vasteras should be an amazing meet? And with the stuff happening like the 'Stockholm Open' where they shut off highways for streetracing, I assumed Sweden is the perfect European country for US-car enthousiasts :D

No havent done any mods myself yet, it already has a full exhaust and cold air intake. I just bought it a few weeks ago, still busy getting it registered here..
But you've got a lot of nice plans for yours, looking forward seeing that progress!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Enjoy the car, as they can be so fun to drive.
Oh, and they make aftermarket head units for these cars that have a 9 inch screen that run Android. They are literally plug and play, and they come with a replacement bezel that looks just like the factorites, so they will look like original equipment.
This is the unit that several of us bought here, and the same vendor.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QZ-...expid=1656c1e2-9f76-4451-9f99-3458ee7fe3d5-33

P.S. Check your private messages.

Reactions: manoshimo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sthlm Open is one and sadly the only event where we can play, yes.. I'm not saying sweden is big but for me, it takes me 5hrs to travel there just to race. I have a few friends who helps out with some smaller events in my town. I live near Gothenburg so mostly we try to find more unique cars and serious drivers for a new event that we're working on. There are many racingteams but none of them is out racing for real. So sad, but hopefully it will change soon :)
The big power meet is awesome too but it's rare to see a muscle car spinning of without the cops put a stop to it.. Other than that, it's just original cruiser cars.. No races.

I hope we can help eachother ot as much as possible, I'm woring with a famous electric engineer from SAAB. He has helped Vovlo and Koenigsegg alot with their electrical issues and workshops.
I work for him part time, helping him to restore a few old muscle cars and installing the electric wiring into an old car called Indigo 3000R. It's an old classic wich is under production again by former workers from SAAB and Volvo. Anyways, this dude, there isn't anything this guy can't make when it comes to the electric part in a vehicle.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I was looking there were no such animals available, My other car was total, I searched but couldn't put it off any longer. I ended up with a 3.6 Pentastar, good car but no Hemi.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts