Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
placed a new oder for an AWD 300C. :D This will come into the dealership in and about March. I was the first one that ordered an AWD from this dealership. They only charged me $1500 more. They gave me a very good price to begin with. So now my wait has been pushed an extra 6 weeks. But that gives Borla time to make the exhaust for the AWD version and gives me some more time to check out video possibilites for the car.
How long did most of you wait for your cars once you placed an order or did most of you buy it off the lot?
Anyone here have the AWD model yet?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Eeek. Considering the wait and trouble people have gone through with standard 300c's and ordering from the factory, I'd say you're in for the long haul sadly enough. They can't even get 300c production up to pace, let alone the SRT-8 or the AWD model.

I would keep an eye on dealer inventory in case one pops in with the options you want. I imagine you'll be waiting a looong time.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
No kidding!! Gotta also figure in which dealership is involved and how their allocations are structured...that could make it even longer!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
My sales agent just postponed my delivery date to May 6th! :mad: I was suppose to receive it by April! Ok, I will keep a positive perspective on the late delivery date and use the extra time to save for rims. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where are you located?

05 300C,
Where are you from,my dealer ordered my 300C AWD on Nov 17 and it was shipped on Dec 2,he said it will be here by the end of the week.

AWD,NAV,SOUND2,PRO2,HID,MOONROOF,WOOD TRIM

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
I ordered my 300C about a month ago, and the ETA is October 2005 ......... That is the expected Australian release date.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hemi57 said:
I ordered my 300C about a month ago, and the ETA is October 2005 ......... That is the expected Australian release date.
Geeeshh. I can't imagine waiting that long. You need to find a way to go into hibernation and wake up in 11 months. How much more would it cost to buy a C in America and ship it to Australia?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
I just have to accept it unfortunately. Also, we are right hand drive here so the option of private import is not very attractive, when you consider conversion, private import duty, etc..

No-one is saying yet what the specs will be for the Aussie 300C but one thing I have found out is that we will probably get the Magnum wheels as they reckon Aussies don't like too much chrome. Crap I say. I want the chrome wheels you guys get or maybe I will splash out on some 20" rims.

The Aussie 300Cs will be built in the same Austrian plant that builds the Crossfire so it is expected to be a little better assembled than the Canadian cars. :eek:

Just a comparison on private imports, C5 Corvettes (near new) fetch between $120,000 to $150,000 OZ$ which is about US$90k to US$112k, depending on the model and number of miles. Chrysler imported 25 Vipers about two year back, had them converted to RHD locally and tried to sell them for A$250,000 EACH. Only sold about 10 and unloaded the others around the world (Asia, UK, Etc).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just looked at a couple of AWD 300C's at my dealer in Toronto last week sitting there lonely with no owners. :( But of course we are only a half hour drive from the Brampton plant. Don't worry, be happy! they are on the way! ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
LuvaLavaRed1 said:
Just looked at a couple of AWD 300C's at my dealer in Toronto last week sitting there lonely with no owners. :( But of course we are only a half hour drive from the Brampton plant. Don't worry, be happy! they are on the way! ;)
I am curious to know, how did the AWD wheels look on the 300C, i have serious doubts about them. I would also like to know how much higher the stance of the car is with the AWD. I hear it is higher and the room in the wheel wells is even greater than what it already is on the regular 300c. Thanks for your time.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Hemi57 said:
.....Just a comparison on private imports, C5 Corvettes (near new) fetch between $120,000 to $150,000 OZ$ which is about US$90k to US$112k, depending on the model and number of miles. Chrysler imported 25 Vipers about two year back, had them converted to RHD locally and tried to sell them for A$250,000 EACH. Only sold about 10 and unloaded the others around the world (Asia, UK, Etc).
Hey hemi57 I'll sell you my C5 for that price.... only been driven twice in the 6 mos. since I got my C, I just can't tear myself away ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Johnny Vig said:
I am curious to know, how did the AWD wheels look on the 300C, i have serious doubts about them. I would also like to know how much higher the stance of the car is with the AWD. I hear it is higher and the room in the wheel wells is even greater than what it already is on the regular 300c. Thanks for your time.
U r kidding me right? The AWD version is higher???? :mad: As it is, it looks like it is on stilts. All this talk about how long it is REALLY going to take is very discouraging.
I need a Grey Goose and tonic, make that a double.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts