Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a simple DIY job and everything fitted easy except the provided air hose was too long and needed to be shortened otherwise gets blocked on the curve. Performance wise no gains . Sound wise is a nice sound although I am not a fan of noise with no extra power .. just advising you guys ... NO GAIN IN POWER .. so don't expect any in order not to be dissapointed...

·
Registered
246 Posts
have you been on the dyno

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have any around ... but even if a dyno tells you there is a gain in power .. as long as i didn't feel it before the dyno does , then where is the fun ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
i dont think you'll "feel" a 10 hp gain on a 340 hp motor but you'll definitely see the difference just try to race a stock hemi and youll see. ive raced a couple stock 5.7 and mine is definitely faster w/ the afe & magnaflows than a stock (even on 22s and without the predator)

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Don't have any around ... but even if a dyno tells you there is a gain in power .. as long as i didn't feel it before the dyno does , then where is the fun ?
You might not feel the CAI by itself but add in exhaust and Predator tune and you will start to feel it in the seat of your pants.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You might not feel the CAI by itself but add in exhaust and Predator tune and you will start to feel it in the seat of your pants.
Very true, with just a volant cai and the predator 93 cai tune I can tell a world of difference. It just pulls MUCH harder. I look forward to a cat back and ud pulley.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
My stock 8 + 93 Tune Predator feels quicker though it might just be the torque management. Going to add the AFE2 soon and retune the predator with CAI 93 Tune and test then follow up (hopefully) with a proper custom tune. All in the name of science of course! :D

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I didn't notice anything either when I installed mine, though it did sound sweet. However, when I threw on the cai 93 tune on the predator there was a definite difference. When I pulled out on to the main street near my house, eased on to the road, and floored it just as I straightened the wheel; the rear tires just lit up and nothing on earth could have wiped the grin off of my face :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts