Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 09 hemi c last week and it has 38k miles. So far I love it....I have noticed a few little things after driving it for a week and I was wondering if they are normal.

1. Sometimes at idle at a red light, ill feel the engine slightly rev... rpms slightly rise and car might even move slightly if even with brakes pressed down...... (this happenes about 1 time every other day or so)

2. Today while driving on the highway, for the first time I felt the car make a downshift sort of feeling but it wasnt as if it needed to shift nor did it.... just had that feeling to the ride while driving at a normal speed and on highway.... real subtle but definitely felt something

3. Sometimes the air conditioning or heat is a lot louder than normal.... its temporary but usually when its being used for the first time of the day.

4. I dont know if I have the rain sensing wipers.... but in the first 6 speeds... the wipers were not going back and forth properly..... it was a real light drizzle... but it was real annoying cuz I kept having to move it manually or in 1 of the much faster speeds.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi!
If your car has the rain sensing wipers, the first 6 speeds are sensitivity levels to moisture on your windscreen, so set it up on its highest sens. (before the Full on setting) if its not clearing often enough for you. I noticed that was the case when sitting still, once moving it behaved more appropriately. If you still do not like it, turn it off and the wipers will work with standard intermittent wiper settings. To do this, assuming your equipped with rain sensing wipers, go to your EVIC, scroll to personal settings *(have to be parked to do this), select it, and scroll through until you find rain sensing wiper settings (its an "on or off" setting).
In the manual somehweres it does mention use of Rain-X or other products may reduce the sensitivity of the sensors for your rain sensing wipers.

On the highway, you could be feeling the MDS kicking in and out. *(to test, switch your EVIC over to where you see your average MPG and as you cruise along the highway or at a steady pace with your foot barely on the gas, you will see FUEL SAVER MODE text above it.

The blower in your car is pressure sensative, so the blower will ramp up full speed, the dial back as the temp/pressure is with in range.

The stuff I posted about the blower, wipers and your MDS is all in the manual for the car. If you do not have one its free to download here

The idle, when you say moves slightly is that because your not full down on the pedal at the light when the rpm comes up? No matter it should not vary that much, or well, mine dips a bit but my range at idle (when watching the rpm in the hidden evic screen) is 590 to 630 rpm, when sitting at a light.
Perhaps the other folks will be able to provide more insight with the idle, as I am still rather new to the car myself.

Reactions: MADDOG

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
^^^ Good Info ! ^^^ He was spot on with everything.

The idle issue may just be a dirty throttle body. They do require routine maintenance that many, including dealers, overlook. It's easy to do and takes less than 30 minutes with some CRC cleaner, a soft bristle brush and simple hand tools.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi!
The idle, when you say moves slightly is that because your not full down on the pedal at the light when the rpm comes up? No matter it should not vary that much, or well, mine dips a bit but my range at idle (when watching the rpm in the hidden evic screen) is 590 to 630 rpm, when sitting at a light.
Perhaps the other folks will be able to provide more insight with the idle, as I am still rather new to the car myself.

Thank you so much for all the help...... with the idle... my foot would be fully down, and ill feel a little "kick" as the rpm slightly go up a few hundred and the car wants to move with it... you can hear it trying to move even thought the brakes are fully pressed down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts