Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I plugged it all in and turned on the car the chrysler logo comes up fine then the radio screen popps up like this...

Anyone have any ideas?

Here is a video of the chrysler logo coming up then the radio screen....

http://65.16.61.21/nav.mov

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is this a used unit off ebay or something? If so it looks like you bought someone else's problems. ASAP document everything so you have a better chance on getting a refund. How did you pay for it?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks like someone used that one to learn how to make their own NAVI PLUS... =)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it from a vendor off this forum "aspendog" "aka: elite22" and it was shipped to me from nav plus, so I am sure it will be taken care of with two well known vendors involved in the deal. It just sucks waiting 2 weeks for somthing and then getting it and having to wait more!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Good you are dealing with top drawer companies, still sucks but I'm certain these guys will stand behind the product and make it right.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would contact Nav plus, they may be able to walk you through the problem. It may be nothing more than a connection problem. It looks like it has some sort of syncing problem, but I'm sure that you will get it worked out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You guys are making me nervous-I'm still waiting for my e-bay purchase to come in the mail. Has ANYBODY purchased a used unit off e-bay w/o problems?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I remember a few posts way back and there were no problems, I got mine from bob05 on this forum and it is perfect. You never hear about the successful happy transactions it's the unfortunate ones like this you remember. 10 years from now you'll be telling someone "I remember a guy who bought a NAV used and it was all screwed up".

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got my Nav radio today!!!! It looks perfect!!!!! Made in 11/04. The seller even gave me the wiring harness which I obviously don't need. The only thing else needed is my bezel which had to be ordered by Moparsupercenter. Oh well, guess I'm going to go w/o a bezel for a couple of weeks. I hope this thing works as good as it looks. I've been watching these units on e-bay since I bought my car in July, but I had bills to payoff first. Days after I paid off my Visa, I bought it! I got it for $650 with shipping (which is a steal). I bought the antennae, DVD disc and manual for $88 from another seller as a package, and of course, my bezel from our vendor for $79 shipped-about $820 complete! Anybody who's been pricing these Nav units on e-bay know how pricey they are.....but they have been getting a little bit cheaper since so many have become available. I hope I'm not speaking too soon as it could be DOA....but I have my fingers crossed. I'm thinking about taking pics to share in the "How to" section if it hasn't already been done. Would you believe it's snowing in Cleveland right now.

I also received my dash kit samples today. I have to say the wood samples look even better in person. I guess with the snow and cold weather, I'll just pretend it's Christmas again.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I am really wanting to add Nav to my C.

BUT I hear that the OEM NAV unit is annoying in the fact that it is somewhat bright, especially at night. And you have NO WAY to dim the unit.

Is this true??

JFF:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
JustForFun said:

BUT I hear that the OEM NAV unit is annoying in the fact that it is somewhat bright, especially at night. And you have NO WAY to dim the unit.

Is this true??

Not true at all; Just use the knob for the panel lights to adjust. You can also go into the Nav set-up to adjust manually

·
Administrator
14,580 Posts
JustForFun said:

Is this true??

No. You can adjust the brightness.

Rambit

·
Registered
121 Posts
Stick with the pre-sets for brightness and use the reostat for adjustment. You CAN go into a menu for "brightness", but don't bother.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just installed my e-bay Nav unit-works great (Thank God). I had to disconnect the Climate controls as they are bolted to the bezel which I removed. The bolt heads are tiny. Funny thing is that I take it for a ride to admire my Nav but I don't have heat or defrost and it's a freakin blizzard here in Cleveland. Just wanted to let you know it was an easy install and I took pictures. As soon as my new bezel comes in and I install it-I will post pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,
How much did you pay for the Navi off ebay? Who did the install, does all the controls of the steering wheel work with the unit? I was thinking on getting a aftermarket this model in particular: Pioneer avic-n2
Do you think I'm better of buying the navi off ebay like you did?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder if I stick the nav unit back in my car and take it in a warranty they will take care of it.. I would try that if i had a silver bezel, but I got the srt one with this unit.

Anyone know anything to try before I send this sucker back to naviplus/aspendog?

·
Registered
159 Posts
You'll pay between $800-900. Yes, it's completely plug n play and will work with your steering wheel controls. I wrote a complete install assay but when I added the pics the page crashed-I'll use smaller pics next time.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
kcrnmale said:
I got it for $650 with shipping (which is a steal). I bought the antennae, DVD disc and manual for $88 from another seller as a package, and of course, my bezel from our vendor for $79 shipped-about $820 complete! Anybody who's been pricing these Nav units on e-bay know how pricey they are.....but they have been getting a little bit cheaper since so many have become available..
You are going to jail for grand theft :D , you really stole this thing, the old supply/demand trick and of course on ebay timing is everything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts