Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the 4 muffler version, and man am I happy!

The sound is there when I punch it and not there when cruizing. The install was a breeze.

With the intake kit, the only problem we had was the cone filter bezel where you tighten the clamp is slightly slippery and the clamp wouldn't stay seated when tightened, so we cleaned the rubber bezel and that was it.

I also noticed, my mileage is about 1-2 mpg better in the city.

Phase two is Eibach's and 20's and dash kit, can't wait.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sweet 05HemiC- the borla setup is sweet, and I love the tips.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you visit Borla's website you'll see there are two setups. One has only 2 mufflers the rear ones are deleted and the exhaust tips are larger.

I have seach around this site and read various posts regarding both. I thought I'd play it safe and stick with the set-up the mimics the stock one.

I can't that I would want to install headers, I really don't think it's necessary.

You shouldn't worry about this Borla setup, it's literally unbolt the old system, store it away (if you ever want to return it too stock), and bolt in the Borla Cat back system.

NOT a single cut, weld, bent, etc, is needed!

As for the intake kit it was a 15 minute job and can be switched back to stock no problem.

Same with Eibach springs and sway bars I want to get, and last but not least I should have the 20's on it in a week, so then I'll post pics.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Borla

5point7 said:
Sweet 05HemiC- the borla setup is sweet, and I love the tips.
JUST BOUGHT A 300C HEMI BLACK. i WAS THINKING ABOUT INSTALLING BORLAS AND HEARD ONE GUY HAD INSTALLED THE MAGNAFLOWS. HE SAID IT WAS ANNOYING. ANY SOUND BITES OFF YOUR HEMI

·
Registered
887 Posts
Mr. AMX,

Lots of great exhaust threads - start by looking here:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3252

Then try the search function. It all depends on what you are looking for. If you want it loud - get the Borla 140125 (5 inch tips with no rear mufflers) or the Magnaflow.
If you want a little classier sound, the Borla 140112 is quiet at cruise and idle, and sounds good under WOT. This is the system I have, and it's a little hard to tell from the interior of the C as this car does a great job of insulating out the outside noise.
I will say my sister has a new S80 Turbo, and we were driving side by side the other night and I took off - she was on the phone at the time and said it sounded GREAT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts