Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as im concerned it's a noise making piece of junk and i will likely take it off. I'm going to give it a couple of days cause it seems as if the car takes time to get used to new mods but at this point i see no performance gains at all. I'll tell u what i do notice about the car and that is it whistles like crazy. With windows closed it's not that bad but when they are open it's annoying.

Just thought i would post this for those of u that wanted to know ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dxun said:
As far as im concerned it's a noise making piece of junk and i will likely take it off. I'm going to give it a couple of days cause it seems as if the car takes time to get used to new mods but at this point i see no performance gains at all. I'll tell u what i do notice about the car and that is it whistles like crazy. With windows closed it's not that bad but when they are open it's annoying.

Dxun,

Thanks for the post. The throttle body spacer is the kind of mod that adds maybe 3-5 hp? It would be hard to feel that HP increase by the seat of your pants. The point I am trying to make is that the TB spacer alone is just not enough feel. Increasing the size of the TB, exhaust and headers, the TB spacer will give u that extra HP that makes the difference at the track.
a TB spacer is not worth the cost and whistle with out any other serious HP mods.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
300cLove said:
thanks for the info.. i was about to order it right now, until you posted this just in the nick of time.

I'm glad i was able to save u in the nick of time. The whistle is getting more and more annoying and the car seems to be less responsive. The only reason why i even bothered is cause of a post i read that said this mod was 1 of the best. The whistling almost sounds like a bad fan belt.

And as far as Jetchip is concerned i'm not even going to bother. I'll wait for hypertech or superchip. Why bother to order a chip that does not remove the speed limiter and provides very little performance increase.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dxun said:
I'm glad i was able to save u in the nick of time. The whistle is getting more and more annoying and the car seems to be less responsive. The only reason why i even bothered is cause of a post i read that said this mod was 1 of the best. The whistling almost sounds like a bad fan belt.

And as far as Jetchip is concerned i'm not even going to bother. I'll wait for hypertech or superchip. Why bother to order a chip that does not remove the speed limiter and provides very little performance increase.

Dxun,

I have not seen any dynos done yet on the Jetchip, how much HP increase are they claiming? Removing the governor to be able to go faster than 126-128 is mainly for bragging rights. A 1/4 mile race at the track will be over way before any of us get any where near those kinds of speeds. If you’re on the street going that fast or faster, is it really worth it? Damn! I must be getting old advising a stranger not to drive too fast on public roads! :eek:

Man, do what you want :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
i just installed my tbs by poweraid and i have to be honest that i dont drive the car very often so i cant tell the diff in horse power but the sound isnt that bad i actually like it its a slight whistle ... over all i think im happy with it i nstalled the tbs and airaid cai and next is goig to be the borlas i think im gonna hold out on a chip untill superchips makes a programamble one .. i called them and they said mid apr..

·
Registered
66 Posts
In all the posts that I have read on various vehicles, I have never seen one that has complimented the power aide throttle body spacer, I think it should go in the trash heap with the vortex thingy that's supposed to increase fuel economy, another piece of proven trash.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dxun said:

When it first came out for the corvettes a few years ago it was considered a joke.. Just like the tornado..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05HemiC said:
In all the posts that I have read on various vehicles, I have never seen one that has complimented the power aide throttle body spacer, I think it should go in the trash heap with the vortex thingy that's supposed to increase fuel economy, another piece of proven trash.
Decided to get rid of the noise making piece of junk. The whistle as far as i'm concerned is not even tolerable and for that reason alone it has to go. Only thing i could say is i'm glad it was only $100 bux down the tubes and not alot more.

If anyone is considering adding this mod i strongly suggest that u think again. 1 post stated that after adding the TBS the car would snap your head back when u punched it. To be honest, i think i lost some power :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts