Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined and hope to get some advice from the many knowledgable owners on here.

Have owned my 300c for 7 years ,63k on the clock and what a great car, other than the normal front suspension issues which I think might be more to do with the British roads,or do US owners suffer the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HI guys,
If I can find fault codes, how do I then translate them to the problem?
are fault codes only for engine faults or what other areas of the car will they cover?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Suspension is an issue both sides of the Atlantic. On codes I don't know if the keydance works on your model, search the forum for instructions, otherwise you need a code reader. Some but not all will read transmission and brake codes too

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the consensus on new transmission oil at 60k?some say if its shifting ok with no problems don't change it before 100k but I feel safer with new oil, opinions please.
I like to keep up with fluids, only used mobil 1 esp formula 5w30 in last 7 years, expensive but runs like a dream.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Everyone here says to get it done, from all of the posts on the subject that I have seen.

·
Registered
245 Posts
whats the consensus on new transmission oil at 60k?some say if its shifting ok with no problems don't change it before 100k but I feel safer with new oil, opinions please.
I like to keep up with fluids, only used mobil 1 esp formula 5w30 in last 7 years, expensive but runs like a dream.
Had mine done at around 60k. If I remember correctly the dealer said it needed to be done then.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
The fault codes can be found at www . obd-codes . com

Most owners service their transmission around the 60K mile mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts