Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

its 3 1/2 inch tube with an auto zone air filter..i still need a 3 1/2 in clamp to hold it from the stock 90bend to the weapon r intake tube...

makes a cool noise when i rev the engine,will have a real intake when my income tax money comes in....:pat:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Unfortunately you just made a Hot Air Intake.

The stock air intake is actualy very good for a OEM part, you may have increased the size of the filter element but the OEM filter is not much of a restriction. You are now pulling hot air from under the hood instead of cold air from the bumper, the stock air box also has somewhat of a ram air effect at speed, picking up high presure air from the front of the car into a sealed intake (the higher the speed, the more the effect), with an open filter you lose this effect. It may sound better, but you may have lost a few HP.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Not too mention its very unatractive lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
excellent try! just find a heat shield to put between the engine and the car to block those evil hot temps from entering your engine! some manufacturers sell just the heat shields for cars but they are hard to find...look on ebay

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
nah go ahead and say what you have to say..i know this is one ghetto ass mod...but im young bored? and broke lol..well i wouldn't say flat as broke....but mods for this car are pretty pricey...
Young broke and own a SRT8 ummm :biggrin:

Try the used section they offer alot of sweeet deals on things u might want to acquire for ur ride

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are wings, your eyes are fooling you.:biggrin:
Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but you can try the used section like he said.
i was j/k...and did not take it the wrong way...damn that sounds nasty...lol...:grouphug: used section mmmm?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
you guys need to see the dyno results to differentiate between the two, I know on the rams the difference between pulling "cold" air and warmer air was marginal at best. I would scuff up the chrome and remove the stickers and hit it with a flat black paint and call it a day. CAI are rookie mods, save the 2-300 you could have spent and buy a cam.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not bad for a 30 dollar mod..lol...and yeah i guess you can say a rookie mod but i guess you have to start some where...:fing02:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Keep it up, dude! I like seeing creativity especially when it comes to saving loot. I was 22 when I got my first Hemi back in '04. Wasn't too long ago but last year when I picked up my '07 I still find it hard to scrup up the paper for some mods. Especially with a Camaro build underway! You're head's in the right place, though!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep it up, dude! I like seeing creativity especially when it comes to saving loot. I was 22 when I got my first Hemi back in '04. Wasn't too long ago but last year when I picked up my '07 I still find it hard to scrup up the paper for some mods. Especially with a Camaro build underway! You're head's in the right place, though!
hey thanks for the support bro this guys been chewing up my thread real hard...lol...:biggrin:..but hey it dont matter...you have to start some where and finish it right...:fing02:...your 300c is looking sharp i love the 2tone paint job sick

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
not bad for a 30 dollar mod..lol...and yeah i guess you can say a rookie mod but i guess you have to start some where...:fing02:
i wasn't trying to put you down by saying rookie mod. Its just a low HP mod that people spend big bucks on. I think your smart for saving your money for the more hardcore work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wasn't trying to put you down by saying rookie mod. Its just a low HP mod that people spend big bucks on. I think your smart for saving your money for the more hardcore work.
:fing02: no worries my friend...i know if i wanted serious hp i would have just built a drag car...but i enjoy my 6.1l very much...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
like 2day some older guy look to me like he was in his mid 30's got next to me at the lights..and revd his ws6..i was kool ****...when the lights turned green i smashed on him...had like about 2 or 3 cars tops...so when i got to the second light down the street, i lookd over..man did he look pissd of...lol...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts