Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will post a pic when installed.......didn't know they came colored and I didn't want the chrome, but it beats that dull finished currently on there

·
Registered
859 Posts
how much did you get them for? i found a site that has them for $125 plus shipping for the stick on ones? are those the ones you got?

·
Registered
859 Posts
i found them for $125 plus shipping on autoxtrausa.com they custom painted a dash kit for me and it looks awesome, it matches my two tone paint color very nicely. They sell good stuff...

let me know about the quality of those once u buy them, im very interested

·
Registered
390 Posts
So what's the difference between the 4 and 6 piece sets? A pillars?

·
Registered
859 Posts
the 6 piece includes the rear triangular piece and the 4 piece doesnt

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ah, ok. Are these made out of the same material as a dash kit, or are they sturdier? I'm worried about scratches and cleaning them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no clue, but its gotta be better than the flat black eyesore currently on there

·
Registered
859 Posts
they are the same things as the chrome ones just painted. I dont believe they are the same material as the dash kits! You might have issues with minor scratches just like on regular paint.

·
Registered
385 Posts
When you stick them on do they protrude outward from the car creating a gap and make it look like they are stick on's? I would think that they would have to be made very thin so they blend in with the doors and don't catch too much air since that might create a whistling noise.

·
Registered
859 Posts
When you stick them on do they protrude outward from the car creating a gap and make it look like they are stick on's? I would think that they would have to be made very thin so they blend in with the doors and don't catch too much air since that might create a whistling noise.
theyre the same thing as the chrome stick on pillars just painted! They dont protrude and the tape on them is really good, there should be no whistling noise.

·
Registered
605 Posts
theyre the same thing as the chrome stick on pillars just painted! They dont protrude and the tape on them is really good, there should be no whistling noise.
LOL,I love the exclamation point. Just to add something here, if you know what the chrome ones look like then just change the color to black and viola there you go. If you have heard of whistling noises or hear whistling noises then it ain't the B pillars! LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Question. I have a light silver. does anyone have the pillar done in matching color? I'll just paint them on the car if it looks good ( to my eye anyway).

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have never seen the chrome stick on pillars in person. Only from a distance or in a picture...that's why I had asked. How closely does the black paint match Chrysler's Brilliant Black Crystal color? Or, is it painted Brilliant Black Crystal to directly match the Chrysler color. I'm not sure how just "any" glossy black paint would look side by side with the Chrysler factory color. Of course this would only matter for those of us who have a black car.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have never seen the chrome stick on pillars in person. Only from a distance or in a picture...tha's why I had asked. How closely does the black paint match Chrysler's Brilliant Black Crystal color? Or, is it painted Brilliant Black Crystal to directly match the Chrysler color. I'm not sure how any glossy black paint would look side by side with the Chrysler factory color. Of course this would only matter for those of us who have a black car.
the lady that i know that carries them made me a custom painted dash kit to match my two tone (white pearl) and it matches the paint perfect, those same people that did the dash kit are the ones that are going to be painting the pillars for them. the website is autoxtrausa.com and her name is Lori, check it out!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i'm just going to paint my existing ones. no harm there right? anyone have any issues painting them?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Not that I have heard of. Just make sure to prep them properly before painting and clearcoating.

bruno

1 - 20 of 27 Posts