Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought a extra grill off ebay and figured i would just have chrysler color match the inside of the grill and leave the out side chrome..buzzz...wrong answer! they said no we cant do that.i didnt stop there i drove around talking to painter's and after a day of being told NO i found the right person they took the paint color code off door and matched it perfectly..here is a pic i will install it the weekend hopefully..herbs
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts


i didn't color match mine, but the dealer carries the spray paint which you can. & i ended up getting the paint from the dealer after i had painted it already, but i'm going back to redo it.

but, yours looks good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
I was real suprised when Chrysler did not use a wire mesh Grill like the CTS-V, I think it really makes the front end of the caddy and would make the SRT-8 look even better. JMHO though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
GNSCOTT said:
I was real suprised when Chrysler did not use a wire mesh Grill like the CTS-V, I think it really makes the front end of the caddy and would make the SRT-8 look even better. JMHO though.
I glad we don't have wire mesh grill like the caddy!!! First off,its way too over done,and secondly I think it looks better on the 300c but as far as the black out look of the 300cSRT-8----a Blacked out grill definitely looks better IMO!!!Looks alot tougher!!! The wire mesh grills are way too many,but blacked out look,now that's cool!!!! :fing02:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stinasaurus said:


i didn't color match mine, but the dealer carries the spray paint which you can. & i ended up getting the paint from the dealer after i had painted it already, but i'm going back to redo it.

but, yours looks good!
find someone who will color match to your brilliant black man it looks so good.the painter that did mine did a great job when you hold the grill up to the car in the sun light you cant tell the difference..i was so happy i gave him a nice tip...


thanks all for the kind words ill be sure to post installed pics..herbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Hmmmm..

stinasaurus said:


Hmmm,I have the OEM grill that came with my "C"..
( swapped for Mesh Grill )
Thinking about color match Deep Lava Red..
Chrome Border..WHOA..
May have to think this over
:bling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
stang said:
I glad we don't have wire mesh grill like the caddy!!! First off,its way too over done,and secondly I think it looks better on the 300c but as far as the black out look of the 300cSRT-8----a Blacked out grill definitely looks better IMO!!!Looks alot tougher!!! The wire mesh grills are way too many,but blacked out look,now that's cool!!!! :fing02:

the blacked out grilles look awesome guys. I too am glad that we (SRT8's) don't have mesh grilles, but not because they have become more comonplace or because the Caddy has one. AIRFLOW----remember these engines are basically a bored over 5.7 and are designed to run at a higher temp so the mesh on an 8 might not be the best idea anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
4herb2tas0tik said:
well i bought a extra grill off ebay and figured i would just have chrysler color match the inside of the grill and leave the out side chrome..buzzz...wrong answer! they said no we cant do that.i didnt stop there i drove around talking to painter's and after a day of being told NO i found the right person they took the paint color code off door and matched it perfectly..here is a pic i will install it the weekend hopefully..herbs
that looks sharp ! i wonder how it would look with chrome mesh behind it ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Looks good Herb, no doubt, if I had a black one, I'd get it painted. That's gonna look tight on the SRT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rebel78 said:
Looks good Herb, no doubt, if I had a black one, I'd get it painted. That's gonna look tight on the SRT.
ty..ty..yea it looks pretty bad azz even just holding it up to the front of the car..ill have it installed by mon..iam going to pay someone to do it after a few post's that ive read..whats $100 to get it done right no problems..iam going to have chrysler do it that way if anything get screwd up they gonna be fixing it thats for sure..ill post pics soon..herbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
SRT8itchy said:
HOT! I don't mean good lookin' hot. I mean, how is that 6.1 going to get enough cool air to pass through two grills?
do you really believe a bunch of thin line metal mesh is slowing down air flow on the radiator ?? the wire mesh is round, which increases air flow to faster speeds like the tip of a wing on a plane. if anything, its creating better air flow. check with service department, they should verify that.another good example, do you see a direct air flow to the front of a corvette with 400hp motor, all they use is a small port on the bottom thats about a foot wide, and 4inches high...............
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top