Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellow members, i purchased the chrome molding that goes on the inside of the windows like on the 300c. i have a limited, and i always wanted that look. so i recieved them tonight, so happy. but there are no instructions on install. any help would be great. thank you ahead of time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
are you talking about the trim above the windows on the outside, above the doors????? if you are there are 2 ways it can be done. i just removed mine. easy way: you can trim the tabs off on each end of the pieces. thats were a platic rivet goes. you have to remove the door panels front and rear to install these. because you have to get behind the mirror in the front and the triangular c pillar in the back to install those rivets. the pieces have tape on each end and they pinch the upper window frame, so they fit pretty snug. peel the tape and fit them to the top. hard way: remove all door panels, remove front mirror, remove rear c pillar and stick them on and put in the rivet. the choose is yours.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the one on the outside of the windows, upper trim. now i have to remove the inside door panels? why is that?

·
Registered
241 Posts
as stated in my post, there is a rivet on each peice that needs to be installed. you have to remove the door panel to install that. you have the oem trim correct? 4 peices with a triangular tab on each one. the tab has a hole in it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
are you talking about the trim above the windows on the outside, above the doors????? if you are there are 2 ways it can be done. i just removed mine. easy way: you can trim the tabs off on each end of the pieces. thats were a platic rivet goes. you have to remove the door panels front and rear to install these. because you have to get behind the mirror in the front and the triangular c pillar in the back to install those rivets. the pieces have tape on each end and they pinch the upper window frame, so they fit pretty snug. peel the tape and fit them to the top. hard way: remove all door panels, remove front mirror, remove rear c pillar and stick them on and put in the rivet. the choose is yours.
whats this look like removed from a 300c and holes except the two rivets on each can u post or send me a pic?

·
Registered
241 Posts
sorry black, it was getting late. had to go to bed. o.k you have the oe trim. and like i stated you have remove the panels, mirrors (f) c-pillar (r) just to install those rivets. its time consuming, but not all that hard. those tabs fit in behind the mirror and rear c-pillar (triangle thing on rear door). if you dont want to go threw that process, trim those tabs off the pieces and install them that way. it will save you 1-2 hours worth of work. the rivet hole is not noticable, because it is behind the mirror and pillar. like i said they fit pretty snug so i dont believe you have a problem with them coming off. plus there is a few inches of tape on each end of the trim pieces to help hold them on. or you can remove the parts i stated and do a factory install, it depends on how much work you want to do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
catfish, heres a pic of them removed off my srt. as you can see i also painted the lower door trim while i had everything taken apart.

·
Registered
60 Posts
HEY KID
what is best process of takn these off thats what im going for. I think we have the same car mostly. How long did it take to remove the lower and did u powder coat or match paint?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts