Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to do it, :biggrin: just traded in my 06 300c for this beauty, a silver 06 300 SRT-8 with all the options. I must say I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!! I should have purchased sooner, now the pics.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the darkside my friend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
BBSRT8 said:
Welcome to the darkside my friend.

:naughty: Werd. Looks awesome man. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Congrats on the SRT. As stated above. Welcome to the Dark Side.

I just have one question. Maybe I missed a thread somewhere.

Do any other SRT owners have these set of cut outs on there front fascia. Just above the cut outs I thought we all had on our SRT's? Did DCX already make a change to the front fascia?

I don't have the second row of cut outs.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Nice catch there Freebird! Looks like another possible "mod" for those with daring! Congrats SoCal300... I can tell you are just a bit excited about this. Looking forward to what you will add to the enthusiastic SRT8 discussions that fly (along with the cars) around here.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interesting. I have a 2006 with a Dec' '05 build date and no second row of 'cut outs'. I wonder if DC found they needed it to keep the engine cool?

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats...

My car does not have the additional cut outs either???

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice catch on the front fascia change!!

It will make front plate placement (for those who have to do that by law) even that much MORE difficult unfortunatley. It looks like it would partially cover the new openings.

JFF:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
JustForFun said:
Nice catch on the front fascia change!!

It will make front plate placement (for those who have to do that by law) even that much MORE difficult unfortunatley. It looks like it would partially cover the new openings.

JFF:D
See what patience brings you? Smartbeam is also showing up outside the Jeep too.

07s...I wonder what they will have in them? Maybe a 6-speed manual? 6.4L? Hmm, I'm liking the wait...:naughty:

Since the Viper team will be taking 07 off and the next SRT-4 will have 300HP only time will tell what our friends at DCX have up their sleeves for the 5th year (09 or July 08) LX platform...ah yes, it is a virtue.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody, first day with the car and all I can say is WOW! :)

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
FreebirdSRT said:
Congrats on the SRT. As stated above. Welcome to the Dark Side.

I just have one question. Maybe I missed a thread somewhere.

Do any other SRT owners have these set of cut outs on there front fascia. Just above the cut outs I thought we all had on our SRT's? Did DCX already make a change to the front fascia?

I don't have the second row of cut outs.

I wonder if that's an 07 change that has already hit the assembly line...

I have a Jan 06 build date and do not have the vents. Looks good though.

Moose.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Moose said:

Moose.
Wonder if it's a part of the solution to the brake dust problem the engineers talked about.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
artichoke said:
Wonder if it's a part of the solution to the brake dust problem the engineers talked about.
Just went out to my stable and looked at mine and was thinking the same thing, artichoke. You know what they say, brilliant minds think alike :01:

As for CVP33 asking about the possibility the vents are there for heat - the engineer in me thinks no way. You have more than enough air coming through the front monstrous opening already.

Moose.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Moose said:

Moose.
I have a build date of Feb 15 06

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
artichoke said:
If it is I can tell you it's not working, I have major dust.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So Cal 300 said:
If it is I can tell you it's not working, I have major dust.
Oh well. Or maybe it'll work better once the rest of the solution is in place, say vented rotors to blow the dust somewhere else. Moose I agree with everything you said especially the part about engineers and being brilliant :439:

Could this vent get airflow above the sheet metal piece that lies below the engine and transmission? So Cal 300, could you have a look please?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
artichoke said:
Oh well. Or maybe it'll work better once the rest of the solution is in place, say vented rotors to blow the dust somewhere else. Moose I agree with everything you said especially the part about engineers and being brilliant :439:

Could this vent get airflow above the sheet metal piece that lies below the engine and transmission? So Cal 300, could you have a look please?
No problem, I will take a couple of pics and post them after I get home from work.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts