Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put there srt8 on a dyno after these 2 mods? i been reading alot about how the cai's dont do much for hp, but i gotta say after installing the k&n fipk2 and a 93 cai canned predator tune theres a definite butt dyno difference lol! just curious what i might of actually gained at the wheels.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
As long as your happy that's all that matters!!

With mine amd many others the K&N lost power and torque on the dyno, the predator grabbed me a few ponies but not much either... the biggest difference is that your tune is helping reduce KR and keeping the car fresh, it is also tightening shifts amd reducing torque management improving acceleration... so all in all I honestly believe with the K&N you've probably gained very little...but hey butt dyno is the most fun! :)

Not trying to be an ass on the intake, just do a little search on here or LX and you will see what I mean...I had bad results also!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually put the intake on first and was night and day difference ..like good difference lol and I know I've read some of the intake threads .. The basic I got was a cai isn't worth but a few HP at best. I will say having one that drops down into the fender is probably better but even the intake pipe up top gets hot as hell so my guess even if you could get fresh cool air by the time it travels through that hot pipe it's not so cool anymore .. But yeah it def feels totally different now so I'm happy . next will be exhaust.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
That's all that matters at the end of the day! There are literally 2-3 intakes that actually made power on the dyno over the stock (awesome flowing) box.

As for the 'heat soak' deal... the air flows quick enough that no significant intake temp differences were experienced whether the filter was in the fender or the engine bay, only idling will there be any real difference and at idle in traffic I'm not worried about lost power particularly! Lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just finished up with my email tunes from johan.. nice difference over the canned tune. good guy to work with too. def recommend!

·
Registered
650 Posts
As for the 'heat soak' deal... the air flows quick enough that no significant intake temp differences were experienced whether the filter was in the fender or the engine bay, only idling will there be any real difference and at idle in traffic I'm not worried about lost power particularly! Lol
I was data logging & saw my IAT rising to a whopping 160 sitting at a light with the AC on & 85 outside. Once moving I'd say about 100 yards it went to 130's & then after a few miles dropped to 90. This is with the Hammer intake.

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I was data logging & saw my IAT rising to a whopping 160 sitting at a light with the AC on & 85 outside. Once moving I'd say about 100 yards it went to 130's & then after a few miles dropped to 90. This is with the Hammer intake.
Yep..and if you'd nailed it from the light within a second or two she'd have dropped pretty drastically... the air comes in pretty quick under acceleration!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts