Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using a k&n drop-in in their srt8? Just not hearing enough good about any CA intakes right now to get one, i figure i can do the drop-in for a while until those get settled.

My concern is that im not convinced the k&n drop in is any different than the 5.7 part #. can anyone provide some insight or experience....??

thanks!

heres a new pic while im at it

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
autozone

I went to local auto parts and played around and the standard filter fit my CSRT8.

I'm sure the K&N would be the same. Let us know if it drops in!

·
Registered
507 Posts
SidwaySRT said:
anyone using a k&n drop-in in their srt8? Just not hearing enough good about any CA intakes right now to get one, i figure i can do the drop-in for a while until those get settled.

My concern is that im not convinced the k&n drop in is any different than the 5.7 part #. can anyone provide some insight or experience....??
The K&N website lists the same part # for 5.7 and 6.1. It' is 33-2295.
Their CAI is part #63-1114 and they claim an increase of 21HP, but I have not seen anyone post dyno figures for it yet.
BTW, that's a cool pic!

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2295

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks 330, some of your great pics by the water definetly played there part in inspring me to get some good photographic ones.

anyways as you confirmed the part #'s are the same, maybe im just being superficial but i dont like that. If our intakes for the 6.1's are supposedly so good that we dont get benifit from the CAIS on the market then im not liking the idea of using the 5.7 filter in conjunction...looks like there might not be a choice yet.

on that 21hp dyno yeh they have a graph there and its just the 5.7 one. what a joke (for now at least)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts