Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Found this on another forum but the pics had been deleted because he was no longer a member,my question is which side is he wanting to cut?

Small how to on the airfilter for the CRD

Buy model 33-2074 from K&N. NOT LIKE IS SAID IN MY FIRST POST.THATS THE WRONG PART NUMBER..sorry for that.

Filter looks like this

You have to cut off one side up to the thicker part of the filter (everything above the red line). Use a good jigsaw or iron saw with small teeth so you wont rip the edge with ugly chips on them. Also do it slowly and take your time. I did it fast and didnt have a nice straight cut. Its tough rubber..though.

Once you cut it..youre done with modding the filter. Place the uncut side in the box first.

Squeeze in the top right corner first. It will look as it won't fit or really is too big. Don't worry it WILL fit. Then you use a little force (hands) to push in the last right lower corner. When its all set press all sides firmly into the box until you feel it won't go in any further.

You'll end up like this....bare in mind my cut isnt straight but it doesnt matter cause the rubber of the filter rests on the inside edge of the box. So it looks like i have a gap but there isn't...its completely sealed.

When you close the box it can be a bit hard to get the clips back on. But thats only the first time. After you have driven a bit the filter finds its place and you can open it like before without any force.

You will now have plenty more air coming into your engine and you will hear the nice airsuck sound when you pull up. Not too much but enough to make a good sound.

Hope its clear..if any questions post em up here.

Grtz
Dutchy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
question is which side is he wanting to cut?
From memory it doesn't matter which side you cut, I think the filter is square so cutting away one edge will allow it to be pushed into the CRD airbox which is slightly rectangular.

You should check first though! I'm sure it's only a few mm that needs to be trimmed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts