Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&N Filters is looking for your 2005, 300C for Intake Performance Kit development. Car will be needed for 5 working days...a rental car can be made available during the interim, if you qualify. We are located in the Riverside (Sourthern) California area...you will receive a free kit when completed for your time.

Interested candidates please e-mail me directly, [email protected].

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jamesy, I would bet my arm that your gonna come up dry here in your hunt for a car..... just a hunch. Many of these people waited 6-8 weeks for a car and then give it up for another 5 days? Whats the rental car? A ferrari?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If I was in CA I'd jump on it!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Some of us have found a filter that fits. K&N #33-2543. It is for a Bently (oddly enough) Are they specifically designed for each car or is it a standard filter material?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
aspendog said:
Some of us have found a filter that fits. K&N #33-2543. It is for a Bently (oddly enough) Are they specifically designed for each car or is it a standard filter material?
Sounds like K&N is building more than just a filter. No need to have a car to build a OEM replacement filter. KNFilters posted:

"Intake Performance Kit development."

·
Registered
529 Posts
One of the guys on the DodgeMagnum board is loaning them his vehicle on Monday, but they are still looking for a couple more cars. I wish I lived closer to Cal as I would be there in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It'll be interesting to see what K & N comes up with as a design. If a write up on the 5.7 HEMI in Popular Hot Rodding is correct, there may not be much that K & N can offer unless they include a chip to reprogram the "fly by wire" throttle.

"Unlike an LS6, which has a mass air system that allows the computer to adjust the fuel flow for any given airflow so that the mixture is always right (theoretically at least), the Hemi has a speed density system. This means that any increase in airflow into the engine goes unseen by the rest of the system. If a modification is done that increases mass airflow, such as a cold-air package, the computer has to be reprogrammed accordingly. Fortunately, two companies, Squier Inc and Street & Performance are working on this now and already have what is needed for transplants of the Hemi into other vehicles."

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0403phr_hemi/

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in socal..not far from Riverside.
I emailed him that I MAY be interested.
Depends on what I get to keep....and if car will be DYNOed and driven hard...for test results and application specs...This car is too hard to come by to give it up for reaserch. ITS NOT A MONKEY...
otherwise...I'll wait to see what they come out with and just buy it...

·
Registered
60 Posts
BIGTUNA..... my thoughts exactly.......

Why not loan him your wife too?? since he is thinking of getting married.....

If anyone here does give them your car.... please respond how things went.... car came back in good condition? How many miles put on? And most of all... what did you get out of it!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I Declined...

midwestrc said:
BIGTUNA..... my thoughts exactly.......

Why not loan him your wife too?? since he is thinking of getting married.....

If anyone here does give them your car.... please respond how things went.... car came back in good condition? How many miles put on? And most of all... what did you get out of it!!!!
I did speak with one of the wizzes at K&N and after finding out how HARD they were going to test my car, est. 9 runs to REDLINE in each gear 2nd -5th with the stock intake then again the same 9 runs to redline in each gear with the prototype kit...the key here is "estimated runs"...plus they will drive the car for approximaitly 10 miles outside of the facility. Key word there is "approximaitly" They did say they have insurance incase they damage the car...I said forget it...not worth it, I may have considered it if it included a computor reprogram, exhaust and intake...thought maybe K&N was considering other performance kits...not so.
Beside the compensation of a intake kit valued at $300-$400, 8-10 weeks later, is not worth the unknown ramifications and unseen possible damage.
They said they would give me copies of the dyno results...stock and with the kit.. So far they are seeing an average 12-18hp rear wheel increase in the Magnum RT.
So they said...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts