Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a panel filter replacement, try K&N #33-2543. Fits like a glove: just stuck one in FATHEMI. Available online here: http://www.4filters.com/knfilters.htm. Coincidentally, the only other car that it fits is a Bentley. ;)

fathemi

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Doc G said:
Does it make a difference? More power?
Dito fathemi, I searched K&N site who claimed no filter avail. This is why I love these forums. Do you find more power, I ran one of these on my 300E and found no difference HOWEVER, cleaner air means cleaner combustion which is always better for your engine. I still have my K&N oil which lasts a lifetime and I am going to autozone today to get a filter( car is due next friday). I will not take delivery if it has the dreaded right pull/drift I'll check it in the left lane on the freeway and check tire pressure to eliminate "that's just the crown or probably tire pressure" does yours pull right?

Not suprisingly no filter at autozone, so I placed my order with your link provided. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Y'know, I really didn't expect any noticeable difference. Most of the time, you're lucky to get 5 at the wheels out of a K&N drop in. It may just be my imagination, but the car definitely feels a bit stronger: much more eager to burn out from a stop with the ESP off. Alas, I don't think I'll be getting her to the dyno any time soon. Even if it's just my imagination, it was worth the $40. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks for the info,
I just ordered one for mine too!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wait a minute. K&N says that filter in for a Bentley. Many people say the 300C looks like a Bentley. Coincidence or a joke?

·
Registered
254 Posts
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
Wait a minute. K&N says that filter in for a Bentley. Many people say the 300C looks like a Bentley. Coincidence or a joke?
We'll find out soon enough..

My filter should be here on Friday...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, if y'all wanted pics, why didn't you just ask me? :) I don't know what's to see. . . it's a panel filter. Fits where the stock panel filter fits. Really that simple.

And, yes, I'm the one who actually measured the stocker and took the time to do a dimension-based search to find a product that fits. I assure you, it's not a hoax. :)

The only joke may well be the engineers copying the Bentley filter dimensions. Heh.

·
Registered
254 Posts
fathemi said:
Man, if y'all wanted pics, why didn't you just ask me? :) I don't know what's to see. . . it's a panel filter. Fits where the stock panel filter fits. Really that simple.

And, yes, I'm the one who actually measured the stocker and took the time to do a dimension-based search to find a product that fits. I assure you, it's not a hoax. :)

The only joke may well be the engineers copying the Bentley filter dimensions. Heh.
Thank you for taking the time to research all of this stuff for us too.
Without you I wouldn't have a filter on the way!

Ron

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
fathemi said:

I trust your research brother, first one to place my order based on your info. There is a hoax over at K&N who emailed me indicating "no product avail". You would think these people would know thier product better. Similar to so many other things in life. I emailed them with your info telling that they need to update thier info, anytime a new vehicle comes out they should be FIRST to know if they have an application. After all, their livelyhood depends on it. I suspect the people who determine thier applications and get the info to the public are neither shareholders nor owners in the company.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks folks!

I'm sure that the K&N guys just haven't tested that filter in our application yet. Just 'cause it fits doesn't mean that it's optimal for the application. I figured it was worth a shot though and it seems to be working great so far.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
fathemi said:
Thanks folks!

I'm sure that the K&N guys just haven't tested that filter in our application yet. Just 'cause it fits doesn't mean that it's optimal for the application. I figured it was worth a shot though and it seems to be working great so far.
I agree, but what are they waiting for? What are they doing whistling Dixie? :D I sound mad at K&N but I'm not. If I ran that company I would have tested months ago (particularly for a car everyone knew would be a hit) and have that info posted on this and other 300 forums long before owners had to figure it out. :eek: For what it's worth, my wife calls me the general manager of the universe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well,
I would like to have posted an update by now, but I haven't received the filter yet.
It was supposed to be here yesterday, but evidentally UPS has lost it.
It hasn't been scanned since 6/3 and the last place it was scanned was somewhere in California...
Time to start using Fed Ex....

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Got mine today. It fit pretty well but not perfect. There was 1/8" play in the fit. I think it will be fine though...

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Sounds like my Alfa 164 panel filterwhich was specific for that car, I had to trim 1/8" off the rubber to fit. 1/8" play is probably normal in my vast experience of 1 panel filter.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Well guys, got my filter today on time, maybe DC should ship via ups, my car has moved from the carrier back to the facility, not a good sign.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.