Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share with everyone that I just got a new headunit installed yesterday. I went with Kenwood Excelon DNX8120. This thing has it all. It comes with built-in Bluetooth, NAV by Garmin, DVD Player, Sirius Satelite Radio, IPOD Control and best of all it's a touch screen. I'll post pics on the install in the next day or so. For now here's what the unit looks like from Kenwood's Website.

Kenwood - DNX8120

·
Registered
648 Posts
nice!! i was just looking at that unit today. Looking forward to a performance update in the future. :fing02:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been considering that unit too but a lot of the reviews I've read said that the handsfree cell feature is not very good (people can't hear you as the mic picks up a lot of background noise). Anyone have any experience and feedback on this? (UConnect works great for me so I'd hate to take a step backwards.) Everything else about the unit seems to blow away the OEM system though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scopro,

I haven't had any problems with the handsfree cell feature. My guess is it all depends on where you out the mic. Mine is located on the rear view mirror. All the people I've called can hear me clearly. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
...handsfree cell feature is not very good (people can't hear you as the mic picks up a lot of background noise). Anyone have any experience and feedback on this?
I have no experience with previous Kenwood units, but I've used quite a few other OEM & aftermarket (Parrot) handsfree systems.

Mic placement has a major impact on sound quality. My (possibly flawed) logic says, "Keep the mic as far as possible from any windows to minimize road noise." As I'll be in my car and on the phone quite a bit for work purposes, I plan on doing some extensive placement testing to ensure the best sound quality. A description of, and audio samples from, each potential location will be posted to my install thread as it progresses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts