Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Kenwood DDX370 to replace my factory radio with NAV/6 Disk Changer in an 05' Chrysler 300C. The screen is permanently black which doesn't seem to surprise me after reading up on it more.
I currently have Sirius to the factory radio and would like to have Sirius on my new radio.
Below is what I bought:

PAC-SWI-RC Steering wheel adapter
V200 Sirius Satellite Tuner
Kenwood DDX370

I have done a little homework and established some common wires but seem to feel like I am missing something, whether its an adapter or whatever.

For Example -
I have what appears to be ONE wire coming from the Steering wheel but the PAC-SWI-RC has several wires going into it

I have figured out what wires in the Kenwood are + and - Speaker wires, and the ground wire, and the steering wheel remote input wire
I have figured out what wires in the Factory Harness are speaker wires but they dont seem to match up (there appears to be a different number of wires) -I have the 8 speaker Boston Acoustic Package

I have attached a bunch of photos of the wiring harnesses - ANY help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You can connect just the SWI, but you'll have issues identifying the wiring. The actual wire codes for the speaker connections are in the FAQ, but note that there is only a single stereo pair at the radio.

To do this the right way, you need the C2R-CHY4 in addition to the SWI-RC.

Once you get that piece, everything will make sense.

If you still want to go without it, take a look at this for connections to the SWI (be aware there is no ignition lead in the harness at the radio because it is controlled by CAN-BUS):

SWI Connection

You can move the cig lighter fuse in the rear pdc to the ignition on position and use that for key-on, or you can use fuse 35.

Again, I think it'll be much cleaner if you get the C2R-CHY4 to go with the SWI-RC you have.
The reason those pieces are there is so your aftermarket radio will communicate with the CAN-BUS system in the car and things work properly.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Forget what I just wrote about trying to work without the C2R piece.

I just saw the SWI-RC instructions. You are required to get the SWI-CAN in order for this to work.

The SWI-CAN has been integrated into the following pieces:

C2R-CHY4, C2R-CHY5, RP4-CH11.

Of those, the RP4-CH11 also contains the SWI piece in it, so it would be redundant for you at this point.

So I'd recommend getting the C2R-CHY4 since you already have the SWI-RC.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
Cool V 300C is absolutely correct. You are missing one harness adapter. It will all come together nicely with the C2R-CHY4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool V 300C is absolutely correct. You are missing one harness adapter. It will all come together nicely with the C2R-CHY4.
Since I already have the antenna and factory Sirius - do I actually need the Sirius V200 tuner for this as well or will the factory set-up work with this system once I get the appropriate harness(s)?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
If you already have a factory setup you may not need the tuner, just the Sirius SAR number off the head unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts