Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for final answer before i rip it apart.

Have an 2005 300C with RAQ 6 disc MP3 unit with 388 watt amp 8 speaker system.

Will be putting in Kenwood DNX-7120 head unit, 4 channel amp in trunk, 6x9's in back, and new component setup with crossovers to the doors and dash.

I will bypass/ignore the factory amp completely, by just running the Kenwood preouts back to the amp, and back up to the speakers. What extra parts should i use, (ignoring the factory amp). i do want to tap into the output harness of the factory amp to get access to the wires going to the doors and the dash. What is the best way to get this done?

i know I need the PAC pieces to keep steering wheel controls, but what else besides the Metra dash piece, and the antenna adapter?

i dont really want to cut any wires, just use adapters if i can get it all done like that.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
PAC C2R-CHY
PAC SWI-CAN
PAC SWI-JACK

That will get you all connected without cutting.

To wire your speakers using the stock wiring you want to get that
from the amp. There are 2 harness plugged into the amp. you
want the harness nearer to you. The harness closer to the firewall
is the harness coming from the radio.

I think the wire codes are given in the FAQ thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a harness connector that i can plug onto the speaker wire connector loom that i unplug from the amp? this way i could access the speaker wires without cutting or tapping.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MMC6500 fit

hey cool V, as a side issue, how did you get the MMC6500 set installed in the doors, it looks like you might need an adapter plate, and did the tweeters fit in the stock dash recess space location without work?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
hey cool V, as a side issue, how did you get the MMC6500 set installed in the doors, it looks like you might need an adapter plate, and did the tweeters fit in the stock dash recess space location without work?
adapter plates for both. The adapter plate in the door is made of
wood and the plate in the dash is made of abs plastic.

Removed the whole speaker assembly from the door. That includes
the 6x9 and the mounting plate. trace the mounting plate onto
the wood. Then trace the 6.5 in template over that. Cut it out
and you have your adapter.

do the same for the tweeter and you're done.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...solder all connections including speakers. You wont get any troubles this way. You will also need a power block and highly recommend you install a new fuse block that is going to feed your new components and ground them properly using the right guage wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts