Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just being cautious, not showing any faults though my rear screen stop lights not working.
Don't want to do the dance if it could inadvertently throw up problems or affect the system in any way is it completely safe to do the dance?

If I have standard unmodified suspension (have not had it checked)will the standard shocks have adjustments for lowering?can't post a picture as yet but it seems to sit very high,
you will see when I eventually post a photo, maybe they had to adjust suspension height as it had 22" rims when I got it, but the clearance is more than enough.

·
Administrator
19,566 Posts
It is completely safe to perform a key dance.

The standard shocks are not adjustable. You can purchase adjustable coilovers if you desire. The stock suspension does leave quite the gap between the tire and wheel opening.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Key Dance won't do any harm - in fact it won't do anything on UK models. You need to buy an inexpensive code reader. I use TorquePro on my Android phone with an OBDLinkLX Bluetooth adaptor. There are plenty of cheap adaptors on fleabay, but some of them don't work very well. If you want a very sophisticated (and reasonably priced) diagnostic tool, have a look at DiagFCA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, seems others have confirmed also that the UK models won't do the key dance.
I will check out the diagnostic tools

·
Registered
235 Posts
For a quick diagnosis you could also call up the 'secret' menu.
This will show you the last fault code. Just a thought....

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
As you scroll through, one of the entries will say 'last chime'.
Not exactly the same as a fault code but useful nonetheless.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
On CRDs the last chime is glowplugs from a cold start. That doesnt mean anything's wrong.

If you can't get anywhere in the next week or two I'm getting my code reader back and am only a few miles from Watford Herts if thats near you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow ,that would be great if u had the time to meet,im next to Harry Potter studio in Watford.
Someone with some knowledge on these would be great as I intend to keep it for a long while and although I used to be in the motor trade my mechanical knowledge is very ltd.No major problems at the moment but want to keep on top of things.

Robert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts