Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - if anyone out there can direct me to a (non-Dealer) supplier of the case/shell only for the 300c remote I'd be grateful. It's the 3 button fob (open/close and trunk.)

Many thanks! !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Best bet is Ebay, actually bought a couple already, works great just swap over the internals and bam you have a nice new working remote

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Just bought two of these ^^^^^^

They have arrived and to be honest I'm quite disappointed. The buttons are off set on the fob and just by looking you can tell they are over to the right of the fob and not in the centre. Fob is way to big also. My misses has an audi and they usually have large keys but these fobs are bigger..!!!!!

If I were looking for a fob having just got mine delivered? I would say keep looking and do t buy these.

My Moto????

"Live life and stop winging, smile and stop frowning, go big or go home...!!!!! "

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
2008 2009 2010 CHRYSLER 300 C NEW REPLACEMENT KEYLESS REMOTE FOBIK KEY | eBay

or

*NEW* Dodge Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob 05026335AC 68066859AA *FREE SHIPPING* | eBay

Both arrived in about a week or so and come with the blade that needs cutting as well as the main fob which will need reprogramming by a "Stealer"!

I'm currently looking for the best price for programming as you nwouldn't believe the range I've been quoted. Anyone got any recommendations?
Hi leggie,

Re new key programming.
See below from 2008 owners manual. It can be used to programme up to maximum number of 8 keys.

Dont know how successful the procedure is

Customer Key (Fob) Programming
If you have two valid sentry keys, you can program new
sentry keys to the system by performing the following
procedure:

1. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no
longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and
remove the first key.

2. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition
switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds, a chime
will sound and the Vehicle Security Alarm Indicator
Light will begin to flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF
and remove the second key.

3. Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10
seconds, a single chime will sound and the Vehicle
Security Alarm Indicator Light will stop flashing, turn on
again for 3 seconds, and then turn off.

The new Sentry Key is programmed. The Keyless Entry
Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure.

This method is for the Fob type i.e. (Not traditional key type)

EDIT
I've just tried my 2 keys in as 1 and 2 above. No flashing light for me so I assume it doesnt work.

jack

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
It doesn't work on our cars as we have a upgraded system to meet Euro standards. Any good auto lock smith can programme a new key blank to the car

What? So you have to buy the fob and then get it programmed? Can't you just get the key cut and the. Take the guys out of the old working one and put it into the new fob..???!!!!!

My Moto????

"Live life and stop winging, smile and stop frowning, go big or go home...!!!!! "

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes you can Peter Cullenz but I only had one key and wanted full replacement.

Thanks Jack Walton but I only had one key left and couldn't do this even if it does work but I think Petman is right and it doesn't anyway.

Any recommendations for "good auto lock smith" who could program fobs anywhere near me in Farnborough, Hants or out to Heathrow area?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm having the same sort of problem with the current fob, only seems to work when it wants to....keeps coming up on dash as low battery in remote but' have replaced? soooo will keep an eye on this thread, as i only live down the road from Farnborough. If you get yours sorted, might be able to do the same.

Trev.

·
Registered
699 Posts
2008 2009 2010 CHRYSLER 300 C NEW REPLACEMENT KEYLESS REMOTE FOBIK KEY | eBay

or

*NEW* Dodge Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob 05026335AC 68066859AA *FREE SHIPPING* | eBay

Both arrived in about a week or so and come with the blade that needs cutting as well as the main fob which will need reprogramming by a "Stealer"!

I'm currently looking for the best price for programming as you nwouldn't believe the range I've been quoted. Anyone got any recommendations?
Called in at my local (and very good!) auto lock smith Keyfax

Vehicle Locksmith Manchester | Auto Locksmiths in Manchester | Vehicle Locksmiths Stockport | Auto Locksmith in Tameside | Fiat Car Keys

today with a problem I had with a PT Cruiser and mentioned you and your imported fobs. Straight away I was told they cannot be programmed to a UK car as the frequencies are different. I was also warned that these types of fobs are "one shot" (you only get one go at programming them and you can't reprogram a second hand fob)

Sorry!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts