Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question for other owners out there. I just got a replacement key for my 2009 300C under warranty. The key began malfunctioning within the first year of ownership. Symptoms included multiple presses needed to open doors, trunk open function failed to work, and remote start not working. I finally brought up the problem to the dealership after trunk and remote start functions faliled completely and it would take three or more button presses to open the doors. It took three trips to the dealer to get a replacement. The wait time for a new key was three weeks.
While at the dealership I overheard three different customers describing similar problems with their keys. The new FOBIK key has a replacement cost of about $170 when not under warranty. Additionally the dealers charge to complete the programming and the cost can range from $40 to $100.
Is anyone aware of a recall on these keys? Is anyone having similar difficulties with their keyless entry systems? It seems to me that there is a manufacturing defect with these keys that is costing owners a lot of money. It also appears that obtaining and programming a replacement key is more trouble than it is worth. Might be time for Chrysler to check into this problem. This is the first time I have heard of this many problems with keyless entry systems.
Any other owners with similar key problems or concerns?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 09 which I've had for just under 3 years sometimes needs 2 presses of the double press remote engine start but other than that I've not had any problems in the time I've owned it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts