Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 300C started getting an intermittent inoperative keyless go system with no key detected message.... tried batteries, replaced console and trunk antennas. Then the key fob totally crapped out. I thought it was the problem but still having intermittent issues with no key detected with a NEW Mopar key. Have to place the key near the console to start. This past week ANOTHER key fob total failure, used my spare and it started. NO CODES ANYWHERE PERTAINING TO THE RF HUB AND KEYLESS GO.
I've also noticed the passenger doors will not unlock with the second push on the fob anymore and my roll down windows feature does not operate anymore. Check'd settings in Uconnect and nothing has changed.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Tired of throwing parts at it, no codes to follow, nothing but basic diagnostic checks which are inconclusive. I can't trust the car is going to start whenever I use it i'm getting aggrivated....I see a 300 going off a cliff in the near furture.
This FCKN technology is a PITA, my daughter spent over 3000.00 dollars fixing the exact same issue on her 328i and her mother had the same issue with her X1.
I wish I could retrofiit a damn key and key cylinder set up but that's not feasable.
Any input would be constructive, TIA.

· Registered
296 Posts
Hmm no codes then.

Just spitballing ideas, who's programming the fobs to your car? There should be an option to wipe all the fobs from the car and reprogram, could be worth a try.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve done them all myself. Yesterday I checked before I programmed the new one and there were five programmed (RFH accepts 8). I did erase all of them, then programmed one new and one existing.
At this point I’m going to replace the RF hub and remaining antennas.
What’s boggling me is the key failure. I’ve had three fail in 2 years. Two were original and one was about three years old. They’re all mopar keys, none got wet, they sit right with my Tacoma’s fob on the same keychain and no issues with the Toyota key.

· Registered
296 Posts
No clue, I haven't had a single one fail. Bought my '14 in '19, it came with one, I immediately bought 3 more, just recently had to replace my first battery. I was looking around in the system the other day though and saw that 5 were programmed so I'll have to redo all that to get rid of the extra fob I don't have. I don't see a way to delete them individually.

I wonder if there's some way to test the system components...

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's an antenna test in the special function area of the RF hub (passes every time) but other than that, if there are no codes, you're on your own.
Watching the scan tool I can walk around various areas of the car and watch the key position, and it knows where the key is. Problem is when the car decides it's not seeing a key, I don't have the scan tool attached. I can't ride around all the time with a 6000 dollar scan tool in there it will disappear.
The RF hub and remaining antennas are relatively cheap so (going against every bone in my body) I'm having to throw parts at it until it's fixed. Just surprised nobody else is having issues with keyless-go ignition. When I figure it out I'll post what I find......appreciate your input.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great suggestion but I have an iphone. I haven't even given the AlfaOBD any consideration seeing that I have almost 10K in diagnostic equipment in my shop.
Taking into consideration the ignition will not change from the lock position, I would need diagnostic software that can access the RF hub when the key is off. I'm not sure that app could do this.
If the AlfaOBD can perform an "RF hub replacement" routine it might work.

· Registered
296 Posts
Great suggestion but I have an iphone. I haven't even given the AlfaOBD any consideration seeing that I have almost 10K in diagnostic equipment in my shop.
Taking into consideration the ignition will not change from the lock position, I would need diagnostic software that can access the RF hub when the key is off. I'm not sure that app could do this.
If the AlfaOBD can perform an "RF hub replacement" routine it might work.
Don't know but I can check. It can run on a windows laptop or tablet, might be an option for you.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you could check that would be great, try to access the RFH without turning on the key. I have a garbage Windows laptop I could use (and would actually not care if it got stolen. I hate anything to do with Windows that's why I prefer my Launch x430 over SnapOn....... Launch is Android powered, Snappy is Windows).

When I figure out the root cause I plan on a YouTube video which will hopefully help someone with this issue.

· Registered
Cool-V '05 300c Blondie
263 Posts
"...mopar keys...they sit right with my Tacoma’s fob on the same keychain "

That angers the Gods! One keychain for the Great American Cruiser, and another for the Jap side kick ;)

· Registered
296 Posts
If you could check that would be great, try to access the RFH without turning on the key. I have a garbage Windows laptop I could use (and would actually not care if it got stolen. I hate anything to do with Windows that's why I prefer my Launch x430 over SnapOn....... Launch is Android powered, Snappy is Windows).

When I figure out the root cause I plan on a YouTube video which will hopefully help someone with this issue.
Yup, worked, was able to access the RF-HUB, read all the data, run test and access the reset with the car off. More so after unlocking I put the fob in the house and confirmed that the car did not detect it. I was using an MX+ connected via bluetooth to an android phone.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"...mopar keys...they sit right with my Tacoma’s fob on the same keychain "

That angers the Gods! One keychain for the Great American Cruiser, and another for the Jap side kick ;)
Hey, as far as reliability I've had four Toyota trucks in my lifetime and they are like a good friend: They never let me down.
HOWEVER, I have been in PTSD therapy after battling frame rust on my last two Tacoma's for the past decade. It's a losing battle.
I'm getting better tho......at least the strange voices in my head are going away :unsure::D

· Registered
2016 300s
11 Posts
2011 300C started getting an intermittent inoperative keyless go system with no key detected message.... tried batteries, replaced console and trunk antennas. Then the key fob totally crapped out. I thought it was the problem but still having intermittent issues with no key detected with a NEW Mopar key. Have to place the key near the console to start. This past week ANOTHER key fob total failure, used my spare and it started. NO CODES ANYWHERE PERTAINING TO THE RF HUB AND KEYLESS GO.
I've also noticed the passenger doors will not unlock with the second push on the fob anymore and my roll down windows feature does not operate anymore. Check'd settings in Uconnect and nothing has changed.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Tired of throwing parts at it, no codes to follow, nothing but basic diagnostic checks which are inconclusive. I can't trust the car is going to start whenever I use it i'm getting aggrivated....I see a 300 going off a cliff in the near furture.
This FCKN technology is a PITA, my daughter spent over 3000.00 dollars fixing the exact same issue on her 328i and her mother had the same issue with her X1.
I wish I could retrofiit a damn key and key cylinder set up but that's not feasable.
Any input would be constructive, TIA.
I had a similar issue. Took my car to a stereo place to have dynamat put in my 2016 300s to take rattle off from my 2 solo x Kicker 12s. When I got the car back it wouldn’t recognize the key fob being in vehicle. Only way to start vehicle is to take the actual key fob and use it to push start/stop button. Found that out after 3 tows and about 1200$$ in parts n labor. I’ve changed everything possible. Battery in car in fob. New fob. Checked and cleared any codes. Nothing works short of tearing my car apart and ripping all dynamat back out. So I constantly have a key fob not detected warning on dash. And car dings constantly after start till I get goin 15-20 mph. It’s just what I live wit now. So idk if this helped but next time it fails and doesn’t register key fob in ur car try using fob to hit start/stop and see if that works to start it.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine will not start unless I put the key in the console. Intermittent.
There are antennas in both rear doors, one in the trunk, one in the center console and one behind the rear bumper. If they covered any with sound deadening you’re gonna have a problem.
All my antennas are new, along with keys and a KIN. I have a new RF hub I’m going to install this week. It’s the last component in the system so if this doesn’t fix it the car is going off a cliff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts