Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this question so I'll put it here.

Anyone know if there is somewhere where I can ket a key FOB that pops the key out like on Audis or Volkswagons? I found that key FOB cover which is cool, but the 300 ke is so big I was hoping to find something mor compact.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
If someone was willing to take the time and transplant the guts from the chrysler key into one of those and "convert" the mechanism to the actual key the chrysler key uses, yes.

That's definitely possible provided the circuit board isn't too big, but probably not worth it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'd be a customer. The Benz keyfob pops out too and I like it much better. I have both keys on my keyring and only the Chrysler has this big piece of metal sticking out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Take a look at CORVETTEKEY.COM This guy is making what you are looking for for C5 Corvettes. Maybe if he had enough interest, he would do the same for us 300 owners too! Not cheap, but they look very well made...just like the one on all Mercedes Benz cars. Take a look!

·
Registered
701 Posts
mojoman said:
Take a look at CORVETTEKEY.COM This guy is making what you are looking for for C5 Corvettes. Maybe if he had enough interest, he would do the same for us 300 owners too! Not cheap, but they look very well made...just like the one on all Mercedes Benz cars. Take a look!
Not expensive. I clicked on "Order" and the price is $117.99 per Corvette key. Our keyblanks cost at least that much from Chrysler.

·
Registered
46 Posts
u could also be used if u were getting robed. they(crook) will mostly think its a knife. it will buy some time so u can start the @$$whippin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts