Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, there is an accessory 10" shallow mount sub enclosure that was made for that area, on the driver's side, between the wheel well and the tail light. It was made for Chrysler by Kicker. You see them show up on eBay from time to time, sometimes with and sometimes without the woofer installed.
Hi Maddog, i have just purchased a 10" shallow mount sub with the kicker sub, I also have a kicker KX200.2 amp to drive it, once fitted can I get the signal for the amp from the 8" sub wire in the rear deck. I want to mount the amp up under the rear deck. I have upgraded to the 8 channel Mopar/kicker amp, and I now have the factory free to air sub working but it is very week. I realize I can upgrade to a more powerful system, but I'm happy with the Mopar system I just want to achieve a better bass. Sorry if I'm asking this question on the wrong forum

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The free air sub is going to need a bit more power than that either kicker KC200.2 or kicker accessory main amps will provide. I'd use nothing less than a 500W amp for the sub and let the main amp power the cabin speakers only. Also, understand that free air subs are notorious for under delivering compared to a similar powered sub in a closed or vented enclosure.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The free air sub is going to need a bit more power than that either kicker KC200.2 or kicker accessory main amps will provide. I'd use nothing less than a 500W amp for the sub and let the main amp power the cabin speakers only. Also, understand that free air subs are notorious for under delivering compared to a similar powered sub in a closed or vented enclosure.
Thanks for moving the post for me.
I'm going to remove the OEM sub in the rear deck and use the wire to signal the amp for the the 10" in the factory box.

Does anyone know what power OEM amp was that ran the OEM sub in the side enclosure. I know where I can buy one but it is not bigger than the KC200.2 its best staying with the KC200.2 kicker that I have ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds like this is what you're going for?

(I've cleaned up the install a little since this was taken.)

The factory amp is crap. Its rated at 100W at 1 ohm (I believe the Charger version was marginally better). That amp will not drive any aftermarket subwoofer that I know of. You're better off sticking with the kc200.2. And yes, you can get your signal from the original subwoofer line. There used to be a really good write-up (How-to) available on the Kicker website for upgrading the factory Kicker subwoofer, but I haven't been able to find it for a couple of years now.

Reactions: trucrz

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, yes that is the sub NavySRT, I will try the 200.2 because I have it and if I need more punch I can always upgrade. I dont want a thump just a nice background bass

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got the sub in with the kicker amp fitted up under the rear deck. If I have to make any amp adjustments all I have to do to get to the amp is to remove the rear plug holdng the lower deck cover and reach in. I have it tuned the way I like it and I don't expect many future adjustments.

When the sub arrived it had some damage due to rough handling. The magnet was broken off the speaker and floating around in the sub box. But with a lot of patience and some good glue I managed to get it mounted on the cone without any noise or rubbing, its working fine a all levels.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts