Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Steve88,

Would you look into this further as I have seen two different build sheets with the same equipment code identifying the number of speakers as 7 on one and 13 on another. Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7 is the boston accoustics.. 13 is the kicker

If you have RC5 you have 13 speakers not 7 it was even a mistake in my order books. I received an e-mail from chrysler about it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
steve88 said:
7 is the boston accoustics.. 13 is the kicker

If you have RC5 you have 13 speakers not 7 it was even a mistake in my order books. I received an e-mail from chrysler about it.
My von/build sheet shows it as 7 speakers. Not even sure where 13 would fit? Can you get us a copy of the email you received from chrysler? Thx.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Actually Steve, I have two different build sheets for two SRT8s. First has the order date 2/1 and identifies the RC5 as 7 kicker speakers. Second is dated 2/17 and identifies the RC5 as 13 kicker speakers.

So it sounds like the ordering system was modified to reflect the change from the 7 BA speaker sytem to the present 13 kicker speaker system. And perhaps the ordering system was updated in an interative fashion, i.e., partially updated to reflect the new manufacuter and then further updated to identify the correct number of speakers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
300C4ME said:
Actually Steve, I have two different build sheets for two SRT8s. First has the order date 2/1 and identifies the RC5 as 7 kicker speakers. Second is dated 2/17 and identifies the RC5 as 13 kicker speakers.

So it sounds like the ordering system was modified to reflect the change from the 7 BA speaker sytem to the present 13 kicker speaker system. And perhaps the ordering system was updated in an interative fashion, i.e., partially updated to reflect the new manufacuter and then further updated to identify the correct number of speakers.
My order was switched from an 05 to an 06 on 2/17 and my von sheet states 7 High performance speakers with subwoofer. I don't put a lot of merit in the 13 speaker description, especially because there has been so much confusion on the srt 8 orders ever since they started.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is the quote.

"Please note that the correct description for RC5 on the 300C SRT8 should be 13
Speakers, High Performance Audio not 7 Speakers as the current code guide has. RC5
has been placed on restriction for the 300C SRT8."

Straight from Chrysler

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dealer told me that the Kickers have been dropped and are being substituted with another system. I talked to him today and he didn't know what company was replaceing the ones on order. Just said it would be comparable. Not sure I believe him. Cecil..........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kicker no longer orderable on SRT8, deleted from early build orders.
On the bright side, it's not like Boston Acoustics are BAD.
Lesson number one.... .NEVER throw away a phone number. I used to know the woman who was heading the audio side of the then new LX platform.... damn.
RT

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to agree with you rt4. My C has the BA set up. Nicest sounding OEM system I have experienced. It did need the small aftermarket JL audio subwoofer and amp however.

·
Registered
209 Posts
rt4 said:
Lesson number one.... .NEVER throw away a phone number. I used to know the woman who was heading the audio side of the then new LX platform.... damn.
RT
Hi RT. Welcome back. Seems you've been gone light years. :D Do you know if this will get us 'BG' folks out of hold status?

As always, thanks for the scoop.

Dan

·
Registered
354 Posts
rt4 said:
RT
Looks like this is the case now, any rumor on a different set-up being offered? If nothing else will be offered, wil our von sheets be updated? I also got the Option Group II, does that automatically come with the Boston Upgraded 7 speaker system with the subwoofer or do we need to add the Boston Upgrade?

·
Registered
128 Posts
No Subwoofer

I was informed by my dealer 2 days ago that the 2006 SRT8 I ordered will not have the subwoofer. It was removed from the order. He had no other details. :eek:

·
Registered
354 Posts
srt42 said:
I was informed by my dealer 2 days ago that the 2006 SRT8 I ordered will not have the subwoofer. It was removed from the order. He had no other details. :eek:
I would call the dealer back and make sure you get the Boston system back in it, having no sub-woofer or the non 7 speaker Boston system would not be good.

·
Registered
322 Posts
rt4 said:
RT

I knew that was too cheap an option to pan out. It is going to cost me at least $1500 to replace it on my own. Well I guess the custom shops are going to get a bit more business. I was hoping the upgrade would hold me for a while. :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Option group 2 includes: Sirius, GPS, and UConnect, no mention of stereo upgrade. 6 BA speakers is standard, with the 276 watt amp. I see no mention of the BA upgrade as offered on the 300C.
So AT THIS POINT, there is no stereo upgrade on the SRT8s. I would imagine this will change as people start to complain.
RT

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
I hate to be ignorant on the topic, but what's the big deal with a Kicker upgrade? I always thought that in the world of subs, Kicker was what teenager's put in their cars. I've got JL Audio subs in one of my cars, that I thought was much better than Kicker. I do see that Kicker now has some subs costing as much as a grand, but I'm doubting that's the version in the SRT-8. Can someone enlighten me on the allure of the Kicker package over the Boston Accoustics?

·
Registered
354 Posts
rt4 said:
Option group 2 includes: Sirius, GPS, and UConnect, no mention of stereo upgrade. 6 BA speakers is standard, with the 276 watt amp. I see no mention of the BA upgrade as offered on the 300C.
So AT THIS POINT, there is no stereo upgrade on the SRT8s. I would imagine this will change as people start to complain.
RT
I wonder if we are able to add back in the Boston upgrade RC7 that was in the 05's at this point. Will the order be able to be updated?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts