Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
We are offering the all new Kicker subwoofer kit p/n 77KICK02 to members here for $365.95.
If We can get 10 or more orders we will offer free shipping as well as the discounted price. Place your orders via our website and we will post everyone here so you can see when we hit the free shipping mark.

Confirmed Orders List:

1. Stock Unit

2. Stock Unit

3. brilliantBlackHemi

4. ffiimo

5. daniel454

6. scred

7. scott

8. mdrevs

9. garrett

10. Free Shipping Starts Here!

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kenm said:
Jeff,

Is it a plug and play with the BA 5 & 6 system?
Here are the specs Mopar gave us:

• Vehicle-specific molded enclosure
10"-longthrow polyconewoofer
• 100-watt,high-efficiency amplifier with mounting bracket

• 12dB peroctave electronic crossover with bass boost

Vehicle-specific plug-and-play overlay
harness

• All hardware and brackets included

• Frequencyresponse20Hzto 70Hz

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mopar said these kits are designed to be plug and play with all factory audio systems.
Jeff
How is it exactly plug and play.
Where it plug to and do we stil have to run wires? What wires does it come with?
Also, where is it getting the power from, the existing amp or does it have a built in amp?

·
Registered
485 Posts
These kits have there own amp, and you will have to run the supplied wiring. It is marketed by Mopar, so you know they are making it so it will work with your factory systems. They may be tapping into the rear speaker wires for the input, not sure though. The power may tap into the rear mounted battery area that is ignition sourced hot, so you may not have to run wires all the way to the dash. Again, we have no clarification on this yet, and are trying to find out the details.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
These kits have there own amp, and you will have to run the supplied wiring. It is marketed by Mopar, so you know they are making it so it will work with your factory systems. They may be tapping into the rear speaker wires for the input, not sure though. The power may tap into the rear mounted battery area that is ignition sourced hot, so you may not have to run wires all the way to the dash. Again, we have no clarification on this yet, and are trying to find out the details.
Yes please.
Once u figure that out, then I will most probably place my order.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My question is... Do you manufacture one for the other side of the trunk? I want another one for the other side.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey, just found that ultra secret promo, so the good news is we are able to drop this even lower. We have dropped this to $365.95, and 10 or more equals free shipping!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ted,
Do you know how this will affect the factory BA Sub? Would the Charger Sub Kicker Sub fit in the 300C. I was wondering because that one is a 200 watt powered sub. Thanks for the info.
C

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, to answer your question CJR300C, we don't know. We are being told that this kit will work with ALL FACTORY systems. So we are under the assumption that it will work properly with the factory BA Sub. As for the other question, the housing would be different, as those are vehicle specific. I can't imagine it being much diferent though, still the LX platform. I'm sure the wiring is pretty close, but again we do not know for sure.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well, to answer your question CJR300C, we don't know. We are being told that this kit will work with ALL FACTORY systems. So we are under the assumption that it will work properly with the factory BA Sub. As for the other question, the housing would be different, as those are vehicle specific. I can't imagine it being much diferent though, still the LX platform. I'm sure the wiring is pretty close, but again we do not know for sure.
I will clarify as much as I can for everyone. Hope this helps.

Q. Do you know how this will affect the factory BA Sub? Would the Charger Sub Kicker Sub fit in the 300C. I was wondering because that one is a 200 watt powered sub. Thanks for the info. Answer- No. The kit is specific to the vehicle you have. That is how it is designed, especially the housings.

Q.These kits have there own amp, and you will have to run the supplied wiring. It is marketed by Mopar, so you know they are making it so it will work with your factory systems. They may be tapping into the rear speaker wires for the input, not sure though. The power may tap into the rear mounted battery area that is ignition sourced hot, so you may not have to run wires all the way to the dash. Again, we have no clarification on this yet, and are trying to find out the details. Answer- It will plug into the existing harness located under the rear deck. Power will go to the battery in the rear of the vehicle.

Q. So we are under the assumption that it will work properly with the factory BA Sub. Answer- The factory BA sub will need to be removed when you add this system. The sub amp that is supplied will mount directly where the BA sub is located.

These add-on systems were designed to make it as easy as possible for the customer. You will need to remove the rear seat, side bolsters, and rear parce shelf in order to install everything, but this can all be done in less than 2 hours. It is not intimidating but it does require some patience. The instructions provided should be vey detailed and should also inlcude step by step photos. Good luck everyone, you will enjoy the systemif you choose to go with it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
I will clarify as much as I can for everyone. Hope this helps.

Q. Do you know how this will affect the factory BA Sub? Would the Charger Sub Kicker Sub fit in the 300C. I was wondering because that one is a 200 watt powered sub. Thanks for the info. Answer- No. The kit is specific to the vehicle you have. That is how it is designed, especially the housings.

Q.These kits have there own amp, and you will have to run the supplied wiring. It is marketed by Mopar, so you know they are making it so it will work with your factory systems. They may be tapping into the rear speaker wires for the input, not sure though. The power may tap into the rear mounted battery area that is ignition sourced hot, so you may not have to run wires all the way to the dash. Again, we have no clarification on this yet, and are trying to find out the details. Answer- It will plug into the existing harness located under the rear deck. Power will go to the battery in the rear of the vehicle.

Q. So we are under the assumption that it will work properly with the factory BA Sub. Answer- The factory BA sub will need to be removed when you add this system. The sub amp that is supplied will mount directly where the BA sub is located.

These add-on systems were designed to make it as easy as possible for the customer. You will need to remove the rear seat, side bolsters, and rear parce shelf in order to install everything, but this can all be done in less than 2 hours. It is not intimidating but it does require some patience. The instructions provided should be vey detailed and should also inlcude step by step photos. Good luck everyone, you will enjoy the systemif you choose to go with it.
JV,
If its basically a plug to the rear deck and a plug to the battery, im most likely sold on this.
I will be making my purchase within the next couple of weeks.
Damn vacation, killing my mod purchases :pat:

·
Registered
354 Posts
If I can get more info I will and then I will post it. Once again, this set-up is designed to be a fairly straight forward up-grade. it will not be mission impossible. The quality of the speakers are also excellent, even though i think most will just opt for the sub at first.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Can somebody show me how (a picture) the Kicker enclosure "looks" mounted in a 300C???

Which side is it on?

Thannks!

JFF:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts