Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had reported in my initial impressions that the system surprisingly seemed to lack bass, even at max setting.... well indeed that's because right out of the box my subwoofer wasn't working, found out when I got mad and opened the trunk while playing the Chili Peppers.... It's all fixed now ynder warranty, and the sound is awesome, better than my Bose in teh Audi or the Nakamichi in the Lexus I owned before..........

That said, I confess that it took me that long to realize I had no subwoofer because I was listening to the system too little... I was turning the sound off most of the time...... to listen to the "Hemi song".. and I still do, can't seem to hear a full song from beginning to end before I hit the button to "off"... addictive!

·
Registered
224 Posts
autobahnstormer said:
the sound is awesome, better than my Bose in teh Audi ..........
that's not exactly a ringing endorsement...the bose in my S4 is positively 'meh'...

"No highs, no lows? Must be BLOSE!"

·
Registered
193 Posts
water in speaker

When I had my C5 vette whenever I opened the back hatch and there was water on the car (from washing it or just rain) the water would run into the back speakers. I noticed where the bass unit is in the trunk of the SRT and was wondering if the same thing happens with the kicker system?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
When I had my C5 vette whenever I opened the back hatch and there was water on the car (from washing it or just rain) the water would run into the back speakers. I noticed where the bass unit is in the trunk of the SRT and was wondering if the same thing happens with the kicker system?
Absolutely not, see my pic below. The sub is in thr trunk and trunks dont have issues with water run off like a hatch-back.

·
Registered
443 Posts
doctorno said:
that's not exactly a ringing endorsement...the bose in my S4 is positively 'meh'...

I've got a Bose rig in my wife's mdx and the BA6 smokes it.....the Kicker is sure to be much better than most Bose systems I've heard....

I've personally never heard the Nakamichi system in the Lexus, but I have heard the new mark Levinson rig and it's the best factory system I've EVER heard

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
autobahnstormer...

I was turning the sound off most of the time...... to listen to the "Hemi song".. and I still do, can't seem to hear a full song from beginning to end before I hit the button to "off"...

try this...

take her up to about 110+ and have the Kicker system at about 25...
and with Magnaflows - you'll here the "Hemi song" still... :wink1:
Heck I'll have to check but you should be able to hear the "Hemi song" at 80 in 3rd and the kicker at 25...

hmmm - have to check on that one as well...

·
Registered
354 Posts
cbutler32 said:
I was turning the sound off most of the time...... to listen to the "Hemi song".. and I still do, can't seem to hear a full song from beginning to end before I hit the button to "off"...

try this...

take her up to about 110+ and have the Kicker system at about 25...
and with Magnaflows - you'll here the "Hemi song" still... :wink1:
Heck I'll have to check but you should be able to hear the "Hemi song" at 80 in 3rd and the kicker at 25...

hmmm - have to check on that one as well...
DITTO..................

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Kicker is better than I expected, but now quite up to what I usually have. Pretty good for factory.

·
Registered
308 Posts
doctorno said:

I thought I was the only one that said that? :laughing:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Here's a comparision. The 05' with BA has too much bass up front compared to my 06' with Kicker. But then when I am listening to R&B and Pop, I almost wish I could have the extra bass right at my knees. But I can only stand one kind of music for so long. This is where the Kickers make up. They handle the range really well. I like to listen to almost any type of music, except heavy Acid Metal. I can handle Metallica for a while, but all the newer death metal stuff just gives me a headache. In the end, I prefer the Kickers.

·
Registered
308 Posts
XCITsNU said:
Here's a comparision. The 05' with BA has too much bass up front compared to my 06' with Kicker. But then when I am listening to R&B and Pop, I almost wish I could have the extra bass right at my knees. But I can only stand one kind of music for so long. This is where the Kickers make up. They handle the range really well. I like to listen to almost any type of music, except heavy Acid Metal. I can handle Metallica for a while, but all the newer death metal stuff just gives me a headache. In the end, I prefer the Kickers.
I agree. The BA isn't bad, just not set up for much volume. The bass is tubby and bloated when trying to listen to it at higher volume. I rented a 300C in Portland last month for 3 weeks. I had a hard time getting the BA to sound like I wanted it to. Turning the bass down got rid of the bloat, but lost some of the dynamics or punch.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
all bose ain't bad

doctorno said:

got a new silverado and the Bose system is quite good. I am NOT a big fan, just came with the truck. Brilliant highs and can play my Wifes "boom-boom" music pretty good, too.

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD (including Kicker)
waiting for software

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
doctorno said:

I think there are several Bose rigs, my Audi has the "symphony" with a good subwoofer, and it sounds very very good. The kicker is more powerful though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
autobahnstormer said:
I think there are several Bose rigs, my Audi has the "symphony" with a good subwoofer, and it sounds very very good. The kicker is more powerful though.
what year/model? i have the supposed 'symphony', and it sounds more like a cacophony to me...

·
Registered
625 Posts
More Bass

Now, Mr Autobahnstormer (I am SOOOO Jealous). Fold down both split fold down rear seats and go for a ride. The hemi song is sweeeeeter. The bass is too much. I had to turn it down from 9 to 5, and adjust the fader from center to front 1. Try it it is AWESOME. Then, at your leisure, install a Magnaflow cat back system. Holy S%#t that hemi song gets even better!!!

BTW: You have numerous World Class race tracks to play on in Germany. You would be dreadfully remiss if you didn't "Christen" them with your beast.

Dan

·
Registered
85 Posts
autobahnstormer said:
I had reported in my initial impressions that the system surprisingly seemed to lack bass, even at max setting.... well indeed that's because right out of the box my subwoofer wasn't working, found out when I got mad and opened the trunk while playing the Chili Peppers.... It's all fixed now ynder warranty, and the sound is awesome, better than my Bose in teh Audi or the Nakamichi in the Lexus I owned before..........

That said, I confess that it took me that long to realize I had no subwoofer because I was listening to the system too little... I was turning the sound off most of the time...... to listen to the "Hemi song".. and I still do, can't seem to hear a full song from beginning to end before I hit the button to "off"... addictive!
I'm going to have to check that on my system because I have the same issue with lack of punch on the low end. Unfortunately I have a trunk full of new audio equipment that is going to be installed on Saturday to make this into the system it ought to be. Wouldn't it be funny if I took it all back and told the stereo "experts" that all I needed to do was get the sub working..

But I doubt that getting a 7" sub to start working is going to give me what I'm looking for. But it's worth a try.

Someone complained that too much bass was coming from the front. Actually the sound competitions now look for all of the sound to come from in front of you - quite contrary to the old days when they looked for a more "surround" sound with the bass in the rear. The judges want to sit with their eyes closed and picture a band playing in front of them. This moves the sound platform to the front. When a sub is added it's not supposed to be noticible as to where it is located - it only accentuates the bass and if set right isn't noticible as to where it is located.

Or so I've been educated lately when designing the new system....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DanRealtor said:
Now, Mr Autobahnstormer (I am SOOOO Jealous). Fold down both split fold down rear seats and go for a ride. The hemi song is sweeeeeter. The bass is too much. I had to turn it down from 9 to 5, and adjust the fader from center to front 1. Try it it is AWESOME. Then, at your leisure, install a Magnaflow cat back system. Holy S%#t that hemi song gets even better!!!

BTW: You have numerous World Class race tracks to play on in Germany. You would be dreadfully remiss if you didn't "Christen" them with your beast.

Dan
will follow your advice on the rear seats.... as for the Nurburgring, I am going to wait for the spring, the engine will be fully broken in, and we have snow tomorrow....

·
Registered
625 Posts
Autobahning

autobahnstormer said:
will follow your advice on the rear seats.... as for the Nurburgring, I am going to wait for the spring, the engine will be fully broken in, and we have snow tomorrow....
I was stationed in Kaiserslautern from 83-86. Came close to reupping for a convertible 'vette with an autobahn to play on. Naaaah. Check please, college as a civilian instead.

I drove every car I owned n Germany on the autobahn at Wide Open Throttle from point A to point B. Hours on end! It seemed as many others did the same. I did get pulled over for speeding on the autobaghn once: Construction zone. About 100 mph (not kph) over the speed limit. 40 deutschmarks (about 13 US Dollars athe time) paid on the spot. I Love the Autobahn!

Tires are not that common. Order in advance.

Dan

PS Drive it on every track you can AND the friggin autobahn you lucky bas%&$d.
As someone said at th SRT Track Experience: It's a hybrid, it burns gas and rubber!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
reply...

as for the Nurburgring, I am going to wait for the spring, the engine will be fully broken in, and we have snow tomorrow....

AUGH!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts