Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
The original is a resonator, deadens intake type sound, they are a two piece plastic unit sealed with about 20 small bolts and often leak air and can cause low boost condition. Replacing with a section of pipe like this eliminates leaks, reduces lag time and can improve mpg a little. It also makes belt changes easier.

The plastic kydney sits just between the belt and rad, held by its two 2.5" pipes and 2x E10 bolts, fiddly and tight but a quick job.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The original is a resonator, deadens intake type sound, they are a two piece plastic unit sealed with about 20 small bolts and often leak air and can cause low boost condition. Replacing with a section of pipe like this eliminates leaks, reduces lag time and can improve mpg a little. It also makes belt changes easier.

The plastic kydney sits just between the belt and rad, held by its two 2.5" pipes and 2x E10 bolts, fiddly and tight but a quick job.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thanks so will a 63mm reinforced silicone hose do the job ok?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes but it is a funny angle - I bought a 45 degree bit and no good so just ordered the ebay kit for £40 that fits with clamps

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thanks Ed, Does this kit not need any brackets to keep it clear of the belt?

·
Registered
119 Posts
No as it uses a part rigid metal pipe its fine, even my bodged one was stable and clear just not the correct angle, I would probably avoid silicon hose only - needs a metal pipe really.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thanks Ed, I may give the kit a try, let us know how you get on fitting yours.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread but I'm thinking of doing this. There seem to be two choices:
1. $200+ from CB engineering Link which looks well made and has fittings for the stock mounts
2. The ebay version for £37 Link which I assume fits with pipe clips

Wondering how the members here who have fitted the latter have got on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did the DIY kidney delete about 18 months ago - it really isn't as difficult as you may think. However, for 50% of the gain, you could start by taking the kidney apart and removing the perforated tube inside before putting the kidney back in - I used epoxy resin to glue it as well as the screws. This does make a difference. I'd try doing this first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts