Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought here. And I know some folks will rag on me for thinking I need to say or make judgements this way. I like my car and like this site. Used to spend alot of time on the 300M site when I had my 2002 300M Special. It just seems lately here that folks are quick to say something antagonistic or make a quick comment (that may offend / unfounded, etc) or in general just be a little harsh. I know I was a little guilty of it on a thread I had about SW upgrades.

Seems that with all the crap we deal with in our careers / on the road / family at times, etc that this site should be a safe haven (and it generally is). Just my two cents. Tried to post this up on the Site News but do not have permission there.

Hey we all like fast cars and/or cool cars.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Welcome to modern America...gotta be PC (politically correct) or express NO opinions so as not to offend and trigger a flame war. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
How about we all just agree not to get PERSONALLY offended unless that person is PERSONALLY attacked. Personal attacks are totally unnecessary.

But I haven't seen any. Just members who DECIDE to take offense at something like a criticism of a corporate marketing strategy, twisting it into some kind of vague racial issue.

How about everybody grow up and let's talk cars like adults?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Please, let's not start that one up again. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
The owner of a 300M is totally different than a 300C. Think about it. I hate to generalize and offend anyone so I will leave it at that....

·
Registered
216 Posts
CITADELGRAD87 said:
How about we all just agree not to get PERSONALLY offended unless that person is PERSONALLY attacked. Personal attacks are totally unnecessary.

But I haven't seen any. Just members who DECIDE to take offense at something like a criticism of a corporate marketing strategy, twisting it into some kind of vague racial issue.

How about everybody grow up and let's talk cars like adults?
If you want everyone to grow up, don't try to throw in a last second jab then. It appears that you are the one incapable of acting like an adult. Race may not be a concern for you but it is for others, so if you can't offer any knowledge about that topic without personal attacks, keep your fingers of the keyboard or move onto another thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We live in a wolrd where freedom of speach is a given but with that comes our right to speak back. From what I have gained from forums...one persons opinion may rub a sore spot on someone and before you know it, the flaming starts.
The only way forums can work is everyone realizes everyone has an opinion and with opinions not everyone will agree. I know if I post something stupid I might get flamed but I know in the end I deserve it. I respect everyone and their opinions but they have to do the same for the next guy. You dont need to agree but agree to disagree.
Its not personal.....its just different views from different people.
Can you imagine if we all had the same thoughts......its all about diversity which turns this planet everyday!!
Flaming can be fun though!!!! Smile, life is too short or too fast if you drive a hemi!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya know, this was just food for thought. Maybe it helps and maybe it doesn't. Just had a little experience myself here lately and saw a number of others. Also had seen some posts not to long ago where some folks had expressed similar thoughts. Maybe we should end this one. And Billy94Z I am not insulted but I am a 300C owner. Fully loaded and bought it on 5/1/04. I am also quite the lead foot with it. I meant well but do not like where I see this going.

Bob

·
Registered
216 Posts
joe300c said:
I think the 1-dimensional box that we're in when we're discussing something on a computer tends to make us do things like overreact or misinterpret things.. also many people would do or say things they wouldn't say in person because of the veil of anonymity..

I think if all of us were in a room face to face talking about this stuff in person that there wouldn't be any problems like there are in the single dimension forum/text world.
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've been on this board since August as a member, and lurked for a month here before I bought my C. This is the best car forum I know of and I've learned ALOT, and hopefully helped a few people as well. There are some great "lovecats" on here willing to share any/all knoweldge they have with other members.

My opinions :
New members have more than doubled in 6 months, with that, there is a very wide variety of new opinions. I do think the boards were a little "kinder/gentler" a few months back and I don't see a few older members posting anymore. Also, IMO, I think Miles did a pretty good job of stepping in and keeping threads on track..although he could be abrupt as well, but times change and change is good.

If you are going to post - post something you would say in person and keep on topic, if you can't help..don't! Joe hit it right on the head when he said that people get a little bolder in the "single dimension". How words are typed are not always how they are interpreted by the reader.

I welcome opinions and knowledge, as long as there is respect for your fellow owners on the boards. It's a fine line...sometimes it gets crossed, and that's when the mods need to step in. Just my .02..

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Billy94Z said:
The owner of a 300M is totally different than a 300C. Think about it. I hate to generalize and offend anyone so I will leave it at that....
...I had a 300M, then a 2002 300M Special. When I got the 300C, I didn't notice that I became a different person... but just to be certain, Billy, I'll check with some of my friends ...:p

·
Registered
223 Posts
Northern Rider said:
...I had a 300M, then a 2002 300M Special. When I got the 300C, I didn't notice that I became a different person... but just to be certain, Billy, I'll check with some of my friends ...:p
C'mon NR - I've noticed a big difference in you since you bought THAT car!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
coolvanilla said:
C'mon NR - I've noticed a big difference in you since you bought THAT car!
LOL CV... I can never read your posts - because my eyes keep skipping over to your damn avatar. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts