Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a rattle coming from my front calipers my mechanic said they were loose but i dont know which parts to buy online, also i have a knocking noise coming from the front on the left and right side when i drive on an uneven surface, going over speed ramps and big bumps there is no noise, anyone help please im going mad!!! :smashfrea

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
calipers just tighten on.

The knocking noise is your end links and bushes in the front suspension. Pretty common failure and you should (1) get your brakes checked to make sure the calipers are on tight (if that's even the problem - I suspect you'd have a very hard time with crazy mad shimmy when braking if they were loose) and (2) get the front suspension inspected.

Without inspection you will end up throwing parts at it until you eventually fix the problem. Your best course of action is to determine exactly what the fault(s) is (are) before you go tearing into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks micheal it was the stupid bushes!! But still have to get the calipers tightened, would it be best to buy the bolt kit on ebay??

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I would only buy the bolt kit if 1) a bolt was damaged, or, 2) one has fallen out. Otherwise, the caliper bolts can be re-used as long as they are properly torqued.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again I would be lost if it wasn't for this site, haha because now i am getting a small squeak from the left hand side when i am turning the wheel that is the control arm isn't it, sorry for annoying you its just i hate having my car sitting in the garage as i use mine as a taxi :)

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I don't know if it's the control arm, a bushing in the steering rack or some other issue. I can't diagnose it as I obviously cannot hear the squeak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts