Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I did a stupid thing yesterday. One of my stainless pilar post started to peel off from the bottom. So I decided to take some krazy glue and stick it back on. WHile I was doing so a little bit of glue got onto the paint!. I wentot wipe it
off which just made it worse by smearing it. Does anyone know of a safe way to remove the glue off the paint without hurting the finish? Is ther some type of chemicla that removes krazy glue? Really need help on this one. To top it off the glue didn 't hold the pillar on either.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
hersheys C said:
Ok so I did a stupid thing yesterday. One of my stainless pilar post started to peel off from the bottom. So I decided to take some krazy glue and stick it back on. WHile I was doing so a little bit of glue got onto the paint!. I wentot wipe it
off which just made it worse by smearing it. Does anyone know of a safe way to remove the glue off the paint without hurting the finish? Is ther some type of chemicla that removes krazy glue? Really need help on this one. To top it off the glue didn 't hold the pillar on either.
Acetone, but I'm not too sure about how it'll affect your paint...you may want to send Gary (turbomangt) a PM. :dunno:

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
I would first try mineral spirits and see if that helps... it won't hurt your finish. Also call an automotive paint store and ask for advice.

The hardware stores do carry a superglue remover, Bondini makes one in a brush-on gel formula that won't run and it will be in the same section where you found the glue. I CANNOT say whether it is paint-safe however, you will need to carefully review the cautions on the packaging to make that determination and ask for assistance.

Good luck, and post back with your results.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
No acetone

Careful... Acetone is a definite no-no for paint!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would wash and see if wax will take it off. If not, use rubbing compound.

Any super glue remove has acetone in it and willl remove the clear coat as well as the glue. Stay away from acetone or nail polish remover.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
IAcetone is fine for removing the glue when stuck to skin not to mention removing nail paint so it’s probably not a good idea to use on car paint/clear coat. WD-40 has worked for me on other spills. I suppose you could also call an auto paint shop or detailer for some advice. Good luck!

bruno

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
hersheys C...

Go by what these folks are telling you, as I don't want you to screw-up your paint by trying what's recommended off the back of my package. That's why I also recommended contacting Gary...as he's a professional when it comes to detailing and knowing about how to properly clean/protect auto finishes...good luck. :wink1:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wish I could help you out I had an ex-girlfriend super glue my car from the drivers side door to the trunk, I took it to the dealer and they got it off without damaging the paint, so there is something out there that is safe, doesn't help much but good luck on that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your help, Im gona see if I can find some nitromethane to remove it. If anyone else has any other ideas please share thanks. Does anyone know whereI can find nitromethane?

·
Registered
170 Posts
"goof-off." A little on a Q-tip will do the trick. Takes your emblems (HEMI or 300C badge) off without hurting the paint. How do I know? I had to remove my Hemi badges off of both front fenders on my Ram to add my stainless steel wheel well accents. Used a whole bottle of the stuff and no damage what-so-ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts