Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuda Phonebase Cell Phone Mount

6K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Lik2race 
#1 ·
Whenever I find an exceptional product, I try to share the information with my fellow gear heads. Such is the case with the Kuda phonebase cell phone mount. I first discovered it on ebay on this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7920872936&category=33695

The mount that they show in the auction for $49.99 is in black leather. I contacted the seller for availability of other colors, and he did a lot of work to get one for me in deep jade to match my interior. They're made in Germany, so the quality is top notch. I just got it and it's one of the most elegant phone mounting solutions I've seen to date. It's just a mounting platform, so you can mount your own phone holding device or hands-free setup. I've included a couple of pics of mine mounted (without phone).

Installation is a snap with a couple of metal tabs. No screws, no glue. Very secure once mounted. I should emphasize that these ARE NOT cheap. Price for the color matched pieces are $62.70 plus shipping. These are only if you want the very best IMHO.

If interested, contact Estera Szewczyk, email esteras@kuda-phonebase.com.

I have NO vested interest in the sale of these items. If there is enough interest, someone might ask him about a group buy. Too late for me, but some of you might be able to save a few bucks. :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Why is a phone mount necessary? You don't have UConnect?

IMO, the mount looks like just one more thing to clutter up the interior. And, if you really want to mount the phone in the car, there already is a holder under the lid of the center console plus a power supply inside.

With UConnect, the phone can be anywhere in the car. I keep mine turned on in its holster on my belt. There is no need to touch the phone whatsoever once you set up your phone directory and pair the phone to the UConnect for Hands Free operation. When I leave the car with a call open, the phone itself continues the conversation. And the reverse is true.

#5 · (Edited)
Nolmscheid said:
That thing is silly!
Well, EXCUUUUSE ME! :mad:

I see a ton of things on this board that I think are silly and/or extraneous, but I have the decency to keep my unsolicited opinions to myself.

And, no, I don't have Uconnect, and I don't plan to get it any time soon. The current crop of devices that support the bluetooth technology are too few and too expensive IMHO. My simple archaic cell phone with hands-free works just fine for me. :eek: Just call me old fashioned.

#6 ·
dont mind miles

thank you for shareing that with us. miles is a very angry old man that his mommy never told him if he has nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. i feel this is a place to talk about anything and everything, but he doesnt like anything that isn't factory. FTF! ignore miles! :p

#7 ·
gump said:
thank you for shareing that with us. miles is a very angry old man that his mommy never told him if he has nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. i feel this is a place to talk about anything and everything, but he doesnt like anything that isn't factory. FTF! ignore miles! :p
Gump, I think your remarks are totally inapropriate and you should apologize to Miles. If you have been on this site for as long s many of us have you will find that Miles has more than done his share of helping people, and if you had read the post he did not say anything out of line. Now do the right thing and apologize!!!! :mad:

#8 ·
gump, would your first name be Andy?? Mikeyjohn is right, make the move... apologize!

miles, not everyone has Uconnect, so yes, a phone mount might be important to them... especially one that is nice looking.

mag, if I didn't have Uconnect I would definitely consider this mount, it blends nicely into the 300 interior and I'm sure there are many that will thank you for sharing it with them. Not everyone has every option offered and we can't all be everywhere and see everything, so it's good to have a forum to help us get the items we've found "out there".

And, for us to have a place to consolidate all that info.... well it's ALL good!! ;)

#9 ·
I have uconnect but always enjoy seeing product considerations for our car. Dislike the lowered cars and think they look silly but I don't say that on those posts. To each his/her own.
Miles can get grumpy I've seen it before. Mikeyjohn when you've been here as long as I you would of seen that! Don't be condesending about how long one has or has not been here. I'ver been here longer than you or Miles and don't feel that should be part of the arguement.
Now lets just appreciate our cars. our choice to of bought one and all the options.

#10 ·
Mag, Not only do I not have Uconnect, or bluetooth, or whatever, I was looking at that mount as a solution for ipod mounting, aftermarket nav mounting, etc. I, too can wouch for the quality of the product as I have seen them at trade shows, etc. It is as you say an "elegant" solution. Your pictures seem to indicate a nearly perfect match! Good Purchase!

#17 ·
I like it.. Quite a bit nicer than most of the other mounts I've seen, and it is really a near perfect match in color.... :D

#18 ·
just saw this thread from a while ago.....im wondering how the phone actually attaches to the 'mount'? looks like a flat surface and nothing to clip a phone on to. perhaps it is magnetic or something? lol. i have a sidekick2 which is pretty big, and im wondering if i could use it with this mount?

#19 ·
Item has been Removed By EBAY..???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.