Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, what a tedious project! it's 12 am and i haven't even gotten the first door finished. But im determined and trying to stay optimistic. Looks like ill be working into the wee hours of the morning. :worried:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Looking good man....I see you got the fenders off . Good luck ......

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I gave you his cell number at the other place . Call him on it this weekend if you have any issues . He had no problem helping you out by phone . I'll be seeing him tomorrow...so if you get in a jam........call .

yeah the fender wasn't as bad as i thought it'd be..

now the wiring on the other had.. :dead1:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAHAHAHA. sry.. i wish that were the case..

there was not nearly enough slack in the wire. I pulled the wire out as much as possible.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and for some reason, my gas shock is really stiff when closing the door. i have to put quite a pit of effort into it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Well what you should do is remove the door panel and make sure the window is rolled up. While you are tuggin on the wires try to find were its atached to the door skin by a little plastic piece. Remove the plastic and see how much slack it gives you. If that's not enough, look for another and remove. I can't remember if it was one or two. After you do this you should have like 6"-7" of slack. That should be enough. Just remember to use electric tape to wrap the exposed wires. That's what we did and have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Lookin' good yo. Hahaha, why one wing wonder?!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ill keep the wire thing in mind for the passenger side..

as for the shock.. does it take a while?

And you know the rubber tubing that is originally around the wires between the door hinges.. did u remove it? and then just tape the hell out of everything?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lookin' good yo. Hahaha, why one wing wonder?!
B/c it might be a while before i tackle the passenger side.. hell, ill prob. end up doing it tomorrow. but boy.. was this a long a tedious project.

And did you guys have to cut off one of the brackets on the fender by the hinge?

·
Registered
697 Posts
The rubber gromit? We removed it to make it easier to pull the wires out. When we were done "extending" it, we wrapped the wires in electric tape and put the gromit back.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The rubber gromit? We removed it to make it easier to pull the wires out. When we were done "extending" it, we wrapped the wires in electric tape and put the gromit back.
how? i stretched the hell out of that gromit and it is no where near close to being able to reach the door fully extended in the vertical position. I think I might cut the gromit in half and just tape in between it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts