Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats going on everybody I am going to be installing my lambo doors on friday and just wanted to know if anyone had any last minute tips because im doing them myself and also putting my grill on, i dont think its gonna be that hard. and i willl def post pics when they are on

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hey whats going on everybody I am going to be installing my lambo doors on friday and just wanted to know if anyone had any last minute tips because im doing them myself and also putting my grill on, i dont think its gonna be that hard. and i willl def post pics when they are on
I'm sure I'll be called a hater. I'm not haten but I saw this on the internet. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
that is some funny xxxx!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lots of help there, LOL!

Good luck with your install, I plan on doing the same this year, please document your progress with as many pics and tips as possible!! We could use a good DIY on lambo doors for our cars :)

vast

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm sure I'll be called a hater. I'm not haten but I saw this on the internet. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER

Ditto, not hating but you have to laugh at this dont care who you are,cuz what are the odd's? btw, helped friends do em before,seen em done, and seen em hacked.take your time and when your extending your door harness take the time and label each wire and loom them so they dont get damaged.save yourself a $h!t load of headache in the future. you'll be fine if you remember that.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
What Up,.....Good luck on your install, I remember you, your girlfriend and your car from the meet in NJ last May, I did not do my install and can't give you any advice except.....not to have me install it. :pat: ...hope to see your beautiful car again this Spring......

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Ditto that Bob . I remember meeting him there as well . The rims stood out as not only something I hadn't seen before.....but just how much better they looked in person . Good luck with the install (if you haven't done it yet ) . I agree on the wiring harness....I have seen it done and like has been said....label everything and go slow . I think Dennis808 had a great write-up on his install on here . And that poster is funny as hell . Different strokes though....I like it......just not for me . Post it up man.....it should look really good on your ride .....

What Up,.....Good luck on your install, I remember you, your girlfriend and your car from the meet in NJ last May, I did not do my install and can't give you any advice except.....not to have me install it. :pat: ...hope to see your beautiful car again this Spring......

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys i need to put the pics on my pc and i will post soon
and i took the rims off but i will have some new ones by this spring

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Good luck on the install. I installed some on my Mustang this past summer. Definitely make sure you have "TIME". Do not plan on a super quick install because you'll want to take your time and do it correctly. If your kit did not come with the plug-n-play harness, do one wire at a time and have prewritten taped labels to apply. Make sure all your connections are secure. Make sure you have a helper or two(not too many because things get sloppy and too many independent actions going on). If you have a body shop door holder with the foam USE IT! If you have the foam rubber mats have them in place as well. Do one side at a time. If you're visual--take pictures prior to pulling anything apart, take pictures of screw placement as well. Make sure you have the small sandwich ziplock bags--these come in handy when you start disassembling. Place all the screws from each section you're working on in a baggie, label the bag with a permanent marker to identify location removed from. I label the bags by numbers as well, so that I know systematically when I should be reaching for the bagging of screws, nuts, bolts etc. Make sure you have all the tools you need for the job before you start. Before doing any work on the door, remove the front fender before hand leaving markings(to use as a guide to line up when reinstalling). Remember our doors aren't light, so any chips, scratches or dings may add up to more than what you're saving doing the install yourself. If your kit requires that you roll the fender--do it! Depending on the kit, you should allow yourself 3-5hrs/door. Goodluck and post the pictures of progress and completion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts