Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to install both kits (lambo & suicide)? if it is, would someone tell me where to get them and how much would they cost? plus I think the back doors handles should be moved to the front, would that cost much?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
jamoleh said:
Is it possible to install both kits (lambo & suicide)? if it is, would someone tell me where to get them and how much would they cost? plus I think the back doors handles should be moved to the front, would that cost much?
We are doing both...we obviously have done the Lambo's...suicides to come. I'll let you know how difficult and how we do it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Goose said:
Just here wondering. Is it possible to do a backwards Lambo on the back doors or a suicde on the front doors :confused: Just a thought, It would be interesting to see it.
We are looking at the possibility of reverse Lambo's on the rears. My guys tell me it would take at least 2 weeks to accomplish this. I'm not sure if it would be cost effective.
There are people more experienced than I am who have advised against front suicides. That what made us re-think and go w/ the Lambo's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i talked with the owner of the blue 300C with the suicide doors that was at SEMA, and no it is not an easy bolt on kit. It requires a lot of cutting, and reinforcing.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
swifty949 said:
It requires a lot of cutting, and reinforcing.
Wes I'm sure you have complete confidence in your guys, but I'm afraid you may ruin the overall ruggedness and daily driver ability of your 300c by going with Suicide rear doors.

I'll take some close ups of the factory Suicide doors on my Lincoln so you can see why I have my concerns. They are hung with dual heavy duty hinges and reinforced to the unibody at posts. I've taken a look from underneath the 300c, from the trunk, and from the inside with the seats removed, and I can't fathom where you are going to find the reinforcement needed for them to be "kid proof" or even "Friend proof."

I've seen impossible things done before that shocked me, but pulling the suicide doors off safely might be quite a challenge. I can only imagine how pissed off I'd be at the unfortunate family member or friend that is semi-responsible for tweaking your fenderwell or C pillar simply because they applied their weight getting out of the car.

The suicide doors might be best left to show cars, unless thats the path you plan on taking with your 300c (which I have noticed ;)) I'm only trying to look out for your best interest, not discourage you.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
rogue said:
Wes I'm sure you have complete confidence in your guys, but I'm afraid you may ruin the overall ruggedness and daily driver ability of your 300c by going with Suicide rear doors.

I'll take some close ups of the factory Suicide doors on my Lincoln so you can see why I have my concerns. They are hung with dual heavy duty hinges and reinforced to the unibody at posts. I've taken a look from underneath the 300c, from the trunk, and from the inside with the seats removed, and I can't fathom where you are going to find the reinforcement needed for them to be "kid proof" or even "Friend proof."

I've seen impossible things done before that shocked me, but pulling the suicide doors off safely might be quite a challenge. I can only imagine how pissed off I'd be at the unfortunate family member or friend that is semi-responsible for tweaking your fenderwell or C pillar simply because they applied their weight getting out of the car.

The suicide doors might be best left to show cars, unless thats the path you plan on taking with your 300c (which I have noticed ;)) I'm only trying to look out for your best interest, not discourage you.
Good advise, we're not sure what we are going to do yet. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO DO PRACTICAL FRONT SUICIDES ON ANYTHING....MY PALS AND I HAE DONE OVER 15 VEHICLES FROM S10S TO AVALANCHES TO ESCALADES. WE ALWAYS HAVE EITHER USED LIKE JEEP WAGONEER HINDGES OR SOME HAVE USED DOOR HINDGE KITS FROM WWW.SUICIDEDOORS.COM. AS FAR AS THE REAR HANDLES THE STEEL ON THE 300 IS VERY THIN, AND I BELIEVE IT TO BE ALMOST GALVINIZED ,IE: ALUMINUM QUALITIES.. SO ONE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE ABOUT 4 WEEKS JUST TO RELOCATE THE HANDLES ONE SPOT WELD AT A TIME...SO YOU DIDNT WARP THE DOOR TO ALL HECK...BUT MY FRIENDS AT LEXANI ARE JUST FINISHING UP THERE 05 SHOW CAR WITH SUICIDE REAR DOORS LIKE ROGUES LINCOLN, THEY RELOCATED THE HANDLES AND ALL...IVE SEEN PICS AND IT LOOKS GREAT ! , SO I WOULD SAY FOR THE SKILLED GUY LIKE WES, OR A REGULAR FAB SHOP ...GO FOR IT....ITS WELL WORTH IT FOR THE LOOK....

TOMMY Z

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Suicide door safety

Guys,

Just to let you know, the suicide doors that I had done on my car are extremely safe.....I should know I drive the car everyday to work. When I went to SEMA I drove the car 128 MPH and no problems with doors flying open. I didn't do Lambo doors because it's too hard to get in and out of them and everyone has them now.

Now to the doors:
The main concern you should have is structual rigidity. Make sure you go to professional & experienced fabricator. Don't just go to your local "Chop Shop" no offense but you'll regret it.

The job on my car is done so well that when I go to the dealership where I bought my car they still honor every aspect of my warranty without flinching.

When I took the car to SEMA alot of guys were hanging & banging on the door to test it's strength and they threw my hinge out of alignment but that has since been fixed.

Believe me there is alot of Engineering, cutting, welding and re-enforcing thats needs too happen before you attempt this job.

Remember you are going from a 2 hinge system(stock) to a Single hinge system, so you will have a little bit of a sway on such a heavy door. But after spending the 8,500.00 on it you will learn how to be extremely careful when you close these doors.

My intention for doing the suicide doors was that I personally don't feel that Lambo doors are meant for 4 door car, let alone a classy car like the 300.
Another thing is you have better access to the rear seats.

I wanted something unique & I wanted to be the "FIRST" guy who did it. If anyone is considering suicide doors feel free to contact me and I can explain what is involved. I have detailed photos of the whole process.

I hope that clears some of the misconceptions about suicide doors on a 300C.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
$8,500.00. Impressive. I shutter at the thought of how many other mods I can do with that amount of cash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts