Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One omission is a front fender mounted lane change signal light for the genius cruising in your blind spot. I thought of using one from a new 3 series, but that requires a hole in my fender. Not good in Ohio. I was talking to a salesman who said that glass signal mirrors would be available as a dealer installed option in about three months. Anyone else hear this one? BTW, the 300M has great signals on the back of the mirror just like MB. My C does not arrive until mid June. This is as exciting as the wait for my RX8! :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fabulous!!! To quote Emmerson Fittipaldi "the balance is fantastic". Razor sharp steering ,great ride and handling perhaps a half a tick off the s2000 or 350Z but truly seats four and the ride is superb. Revs to 9000 rpm but no torque. Numbers suggest it is almost as fast as a GTO (which I test drove with my dad and had him screaming like a school girl) but to get that 5.9 0-60 requires an 8000rpm clutch drop launch which no one (who is an owner) would do regularly. The GTO is all about torque, good handling but it is no RX8, nor is the RX8 a GTO when it comes to that low rpm gut pushing thrust that only cubic inches can deliver (can't wait for my Hemi!!!). I get lots of stares, head turns, and comments about the 8. It also has the best 6spd manual I have driven (I test drive for fun,it's also free) as sweet as the s2000 and the BMW 6spd is not even close.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I agree with the side markers, I put them on my 300M and felt safe in doing so. I was not a fan with the Special which had the signal light mirrors, they are not as visable to a driver coming from the rear. Are the HemiC decals that are on the side front fenders put on with tape or is there a hole in the fender? If there is a hole in the fender then a person could install side markers. I wonder what they do in Europe? I have seen the DC German site on the 300C but does not show side markers, but I feel this picture was a North American picture as what happened when the 300M first came out.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mikeyjohn said:
I agree with the side markers, I put them on my 300M and felt safe in doing so. I was not a fan with the Special which had the signal light mirrors, they are not as visable to a driver coming from the rear. Are the HemiC decals that are on the side front fenders put on with tape or is there a hole in the fender? If there is a hole in the fender then a person could install side markers. I wonder what they do in Europe? I have seen the DC German site on the 300C but does not show side markers, but I feel this picture was a North American picture as what happened when the 300M first came out.
Yes, the Europeans wisely require these. My 300c is due in June but I am willing to bet the side badges are stick ons. Good point though, if there is a hole I'll use it. The 3 series side signal has a wonderful teardrop shape, will certainly consider others, any suggestions? :cool:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Maybe someone who already has the C can let us know, if the hemi badges are stick on or are they similar to the 300M that is a push on with the holes to mount these markers. My car is still in the D-1 stage, so who knows when I will get it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I couldn't help but laugh when I read the RX8 post. I did months of research on this car, test drove it a bunch of times and decided to buy it. I had two dealers get the exact model I wanted. Both times I went to take delivery of the car the check engine light came on during my test run. That was enough of a turn off for me. Now I have the 300C on order. I'm hoping this turns out to be a much better experience.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
300Cya said:
I couldn't help but laugh when I read the RX8 post. I did months of research on this car, test drove it a bunch of times and decided to buy it. I had two dealers get the exact model I wanted. Both times I went to take delivery of the car the check engine light came on during my test run. That was enough of a turn off for me. Now I have the 300C on order. I'm hoping this turns out to be a much better experience.
The old adage of never buy the first model year (especially American)usually holds true. My 04 Sienna was delivered with a bad power outlet and will need to go in the shop again for a pulley/belt squeak on the first start of the day. Lets hope we beat the odds with the C. I was VERY concerned about the MDS, but I read that DC put over 6 million test miles on the Hemi (not on one engine :eek: ). With that and the 7/70 engine warranty I am rolling the dice. The plan is to keep this car 5-7 years and stop buying so many cars. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man I am right there with you on the need to quick buying soo many cars. I usually buy about 2 cars per year. Thats been about my average for the past 5 years. All my friends and neighbors think I have a sickness. In my defense, they are usually cool cars IMHO. No Camry's or Impala's, although I did have a '94 Impala SS, which was one of my first cool cars (disregarding chevy build quality).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.