Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,

Can I put a 2012-2014 Cluster w/ Color EVIC in my 2011 without color LCD and it work 100%?

Thanks in advance guys!!

~Brandon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested in this, did you ever try it? Used clusters are cheap, just wonder what the PRND will do since most 2012 and newer cars are 8 speeds...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright, I went ahead and did it. This thread has a perfect title for future searches so I might as well hijack it, no one else on this forum appears to have it written up, though I'm sure many people have done this...

I decided to stay as close to MY2011 as possible for the swap so I put a 2012 cluster in. Instant improvement! It looks much nicer than the black and white screen and even seems to work fine with the RB5 NAV radio pop ups.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are some issues, though. I can no longer find the cruise control set speed on the speedometer or fuel mileage screens. I can change the speed with the steering wheel buttons but don't see any change on the screen. Not sure where that's supposed to be on a 2012 EVIC?

The PRND indicator works fine until you use the AutoStick, the 5-speed transmission doesn't show what gear you're in if you use it, the box around the "D" just disappears. Maybe that feature is just for the 8-speed...

I think this particular cluster might be compromised in some way, though. It was filthy when I got it (what do you want for $60? lol) and the "chime" when you start the car sounds like a cheap toy gone bad. I might try a different one later but for now I'm pretty happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts