Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

I bought your roof glass-back, it was delivered to the supplier, he has installed a other glass-back just prior to shipping mine to Norway. He has had a number of issues with the roof leaking (glass) so has contacted you for advice, after numerous calls to your tech,the recommendations was to remove the glass which they broke,after discussing with the supplier we both decided it would be to my disadvantage to have the roof shipped to Norway, so I therefore have canceled with the supplier who will credit me my costs, it is to bad the supplier with 25 yrs experience had so much after problems, it look like a nice add on to my 300C. And the fact I've been waiting 6 months to recieve the roof because the supplier wanted to mount one before sending to me for the results.:pat::thumbsdow

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Hello!

I apologize to hear about your issues, but I have a few problems with this.

1) I'm not sure which tech your 'supplier' has been talking to, but it wasn't me, and I handle about 99% of all technical calls here. Our other techs have NOT spoken to anyone about a leaking roof either.

2) Your 'supplier' is/was not even allowed to export the Glassback. It was intended to be installed by certified (trained by CDC) installers ONLY, not for the end-user.

3) To date, I don't think we've ever had a roof leak. Ever.

4) Your 'supplier' has never installed one of these prior to their initial order this year, and they were NOT trained by us. Only certified installers in the U.S., trained by us should be installing this roof. Further, if they were having problems with it, they should have called to discuss, which they have not.

5) Your 'supplier' ordered two new Glassback kits last week to replace two they had. They told us that one had a scratch in the glass that they felt THEY caused, and the second was to replace a cracked piece of glass that THEY ALSO admitted to causing.

6) This kit has been around for years, and has undergone significant testing even before its release, including crush testing, dB & temperature testing, and on and on, is manufactured by OEM suppliers - Guardian Glass, and requires the use of Sika products (OEM urethane to Chrysler) for its installation. Using ANY other materials will not be warrantable.

7) This kit, along with most everything else we make, has a 3-year, 36,000 mile warranty. Very few, if any, aftermarket manufacturers have this kind of confidence in their products.

We pride ourselves with having the best customer service and quality products in the industry, which is why we've been around for 20 years and actually supply the OE's (Ford, etc) with our products. Please do not believe everything your 'supplier' may tell you. If there is a problem, rest assured that we ALWAYS do everything in our power to solve it. However, there has simply been no communication between them and us regarding ANY problems.

We have nothing to hide here; but I do feel these false accusations/claims are unwarranted since you do not know both sides of the story.

Any problems/questions/concerns- please call me: 866-624-7997. It's even toll free.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just responded with a lenghty replied and lost it, bottom line
I have ordered paid for this months ago no issues about not being allowed to ship to Norway your shop knew it was comming here. I live in Norway so no OEM installers
Confused and sad I really wanted this roof

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I spoke at some length today with this dealer, and we have clarified some things that we were both unaware of. First, I should note that yes, this dealer is an experience dealer with sunroof installations; however, they were not trained specifically for the Glassback installation due to a number of circumstances and the fact that they are a new Glassback dealer. We will be working with them closely to make sure everything is handled properly.

The point they were trying to make to you is that even with their experience, this is a tricky installation, and they were worried that you might not have someone skilled enough to perform the installation. Which I agree with. I would hate for you to spend a lot of money on this kit, only for it to be installed improperly, and cause irreversible damage to your car. I would LOVE to sell you a kit, but the risks for bad things outweigh the benefits.

Second- I am not sure about the circumstances about whether or not we knew it was being exported. When this opportunity came up, we were told that your car was actually going to be shipped to the U.S. for a a number of different things, one of them being the roof, which was to be installed by this dealer. Again, arguing who actually said what is a moot point since that was so long ago.

Last - I have no idea what may have caused the delay; that would be between you and the installer you were working with. We generally ship products the day they are ordered.

I apologize if my first response came across negatively; it was not my intention. I was a little 'miffed' by the first post and felt I should respond deffensively, as it shed an unfair light on the situation.

I wish we could get the roof to you as well, but as I mentioned, it's just too risky without a trained installer. If I can help with anything else, please let me know. Thanks,

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have decided to have the roof shipped to Norway,since its been paid anyway and the supplier would be stuck with it,he was nice enough to offer my money back at his loss, I have complete confidence in the sunroof shops I met about this project, I have lots of detail information from yoour former manger about the installation not given in the instuctions, I have all your OEM chemicals from your shop, I will be there to assist in the installation sort of ike a project engineer LOL, but we will take our time on this and follow your instuctions to the letter,especially about setting in the glass, however as a end user I am entitled to your support so if I have questions I hope I can still call or write before we proceed each step if needed, I notice shiming is an important part of the glass installation to prevent sagging of the glass which could cause leakage, I have written to other members in forums that have installed the roof themselves and others that had your firm do it, all said there was no leakage.
Regards
Pierre

1 - 6 of 6 Posts