Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a local leather hop that is going to cover the console storage bin cover in dark leather to match he console. He wants $ 150 .mine should be done mid next week. If any one is interested, I will send you the link

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not trying to rain on your parade or anything like that, but I just got mine done for $25 and the quality is good. Looks factory. I will post pics tomorrow because my camera died. However, if you are in an area where there arent alot of shops, then you really may have no other option.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Any pics? I'm having a hard time seeing what we are talking about covering with leather here.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, Im not lying about the $25 that I paid for it. That was for the leather and the work. Like I stated above, price will vary depending on where youre at and the shop you go to.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey LakersFan sorry about the final....well there is always another time.
I am in LA, could you provide the information of the shop, I would realy like to do mine.
Dark is better than that white I have,
Thanks
Manny

·
Registered
159 Posts
E55 KEV said:
Hell, for $25 I would mail my armrest to the shop used by Lakers!
I was just thinking the same thing. :)

Group deal anybody?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Heres a picture of my console lid. They just covered the factory one and there isnt any stitching like the other one. That may be another reason for the price difference. I know, I know, theres a lot of trash (bills) and some puppy slober on the center console :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I am in the custom upholstery business and am in the process of developing a center console cover kit. It will be available in vinyl or leather and with or without the contrast stitching. In my opinion it needs the stitching. I hope to keep the covers at $30 in vinyl $45 in leather. Installation would be up to you but it is not difficult. They will be available in an exact match to the charcoal or the light colors. I will post pics today.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
LakersFan said:
Well, Im not lying about the $25 that I paid for it. That was for the leather and the work. Like I stated above, price will vary depending on where youre at and the shop you go to.

You got an EXTREMELY good deal if that is the case. The cost of the leather alone is around $25. It may be vinyl... Regardless it improves the car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
aspendog said:
I am in the custom upholstery business and am in the process of developing a center console cover kit. It will be available in vinyl or leather and with or without the contrast stitching. In my opinion it needs the stitching. I hope to keep the covers at $30 in vinyl $45 in leather. Installation would be up to you but it is not difficult. They will be available in an exact match to the charcoal or the light colors. I will post pics today.

Bring on the info. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Aspendog,

Will you be able to color match to the deep jade interior trim (available only with the vanilla, magnesium, and jade exterior colors)?

If you can, you have a buyer for one leather cover.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
magnesium300c said:
Aspendog,

Will you be able to color match to the deep jade interior trim (available only with the vanilla, magnesium, and jade exterior colors)?

If you can, you have a buyer for one leather cover.
I will need to source one in Dallas to match but it should not be that hard. It would need to be Vinyl though because I would have to purchase an entire hide if we decided on leather.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If for some reason Aspendog's plans dont work out you all could probably just order a factory Magnum console cover. Not sure of the cost , but Im 99% sure it will fit given the similarities of the interiors (99% is not 100% so dont yell at me until I/we find out for sure :eek: ). Heres a pic

1 - 20 of 31 Posts