Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang...for those of you who took delivery early and have had several months to drive around, I was wondering if you have any comments on the apparent durability, etc. of the leather seats, etc. I know this is still pretty early, just curious if anyone has had any premature wear/cracking/etc. issues.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
II kings 9:20 said:
No, the autoglide virtually eliminates friction b/t the body sliding in and the seat bolsters.
huh?

:confused:

·
Registered
378 Posts
No, the autoglide virtually eliminates friction b/t the body sliding in and the seat bolsters.
What is autoglide :confused:

·
Registered
901 Posts
jjs said:
Ok gang...I was wondering if you have any comments on the apparent durability, etc. of the leather seats, etc. I know this is still pretty early, just curious if anyone has had any premature wear/cracking/etc. issues.Thanks
The only thing I will point out is with the light colored seats I noticed that when wearing dark color jeans the dye seem to discolor the seats other owners have mentioned this issue as well in another thread. But I washed my seat Right Away with mild soap and water and the transfer dye came right off, other than that I've had no other problems. BTW, I love my light color interior(lt grystone). :) I just wear faded jeans in Mrs SexC (joking)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Angi300C said:
The only thing I will point out is with the light colored seats I noticed that when wearing dark color jeans the dye seem to discolor the seats other owners have mentioned this issue as well in another thread. But I washed my seat Right Away with mild soap and water and the transfer dye came right off, other than that I've had no other problems. BTW, I love my light color interior(lt grystone). :) I just wear faded jeans in Mrs SexC (joking)
Thanks! Good to know after the first time I wear dark jeans I won't freak out about it being permanent!!

:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
I must say that I am very unhappy with the quality of the leather in this car. I have 2 spots on my seats now that are either frayed or cut. The rear seat has 2 small slices in the the leather, which i have no idea where it came from, but the driver seat close to the lower back area is now frayed from the belt I wear when I go to work, this is supposed to be "premium" leather and now I have to have the seats repaired. I have never seen leather this cheap and so easily ruined. Be careful its not hard to mess it up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I agree with FAME this leather is cheap! Thje leather in the 300m is better! Premium it's not! I have a small tear in my drivers seat that came from nowhere! I am afraid to put my son's child seat on this " material".

·
Registered
294 Posts
ALways put down a covering before you put a child seat in. They even make products specifically for that.

Premium leather does not always mean TOUGHER leather. Premium can be softer, more comfortable, etc. There are LOTS of premium leathers that are NOT very durable. There IS a difference.

Leather in my durango is thick durable stuff, but not as soft and comfortable as other others.

So basically, if you get your seats redone, remember more money doesn't always mean more durable.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have to say I think the leather seats wearing out will be my number one complaint with this car. I know I will keep it for a long time and it will necessitate the seats being recovered, because I am a fusspot and can't handle imperfections. I don't see this leather as premium by any definition. However a new Cadillac STS is 50,000 to start...you gotta think where the 20,000 came from!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I also think the quality of the leather was one of the sacrafices to get the price point down in this car. The leather in my 7yr. old Lexus LS400 has a better quality feel and texture. I doubt the Chrysler seats will look like the Lexus seats in 7yrs. However, I knew this when I bought the car. It's like comparing a Lambskin jacket to the waterbuffalo leather used to make the lower priced discount ones.
DC would have not been able to give us such a great overall car at fantastic price without cutting a corner here and there.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Angi300C said:
I haven't had the jeans problem Angi, thanks to your warnings but, recently I carried a plant to a party (on my lap) for a hostess gift; in the dark I didn't notice a leaf had dropped on the side of the bolster so when I turned to get out of the car it ground into the leather. I found it the next morning and was able to clean it some with a bar of Ivory soap but it is a permanent stain, luckily it's not noticeable to anyone but me... I, too, am a fusspot LWOOD ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Anyone that has wear problems already with their leather should definately take the car back to the dealer and have them replace it. Let's face it, whether DC cut corners or not, the seats should not show wear this soon.

I myself would not accept this from any manufacturer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
After 6 months we're getting some creases, probably from stretching, but other than that no complaints. This is the first leather I've ever owned so I really don't have any reference to compare to.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
WTF, leaf stained leather? Don,t ever set a Wal-Mart bag on your seat!! This is ludicrous, I stated many weeks ago the leather seems unfinished, dry without a topcoat. BMW, Lexus have a sheen and respond well to various conditioners, not so with the C. Better stick with factory spec soap/water and no conditioner otherwise risk removing the dye which is entirely unprotected which explains the blue jean stains. When (not if) mine has to be replaced I am going with a BMW or Audi style Leatherette, wears like nails and is vastly superior to this stuff we have.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WTF, leaf stained leather? Don,t ever set a Wal-Mart bag on your seat!! This is ludicrous, I stated many weeks ago the leather seems unfinished, dry without a topcoat. BMW, Lexus have a sheen and respond well to various conditioners, not so with the C. Better stick with factory spec soap/water and no conditioner otherwise risk removing the dye which is entirely unprotected which explains the blue jean stains. When (not if) mine has to be replaced I am going with a BMW or Audi style Leatherette, wears like nails and is vastly superior to this stuff we have.
Any idea if any of the extended warranties cover seats?? If so, sounds like it might be worth the $$$ in the long run.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doubtful, "normal wear and tear" much like your right heel gouging the carpet, not a warranty item.
Well, worth a thought...

it better be covered under the initial warranty though...my Maxima had some cracks and Nissan honored the claim under their standard warranty.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Report wear problems to your service dept.

Wal-Mart bag?? Where did THAT come from? As stated, I had the plant on my lap, if I thought it would be a problem I'd have placed it in the trunk but it was hot and an hour drive and a dead plant is not a well-received gift.

Those of you having wear problems should have your service dept. note your complaint in your computer file. This is what I did with my 'Vette. Sure enough, later there were enough complaints filed that my seat cover was replaced gratis.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts