Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody replaced the original fog light bulbs with LEDs? if so, where can I get some good quality LEDs that will work? Will I need a decoder/ error free? Any suggestions on what color I should get. Im trying to match the LEDs on my head lamps.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought some that went right in the factory sockets from a seller on ebay by the name of Motoringmax. They are very bright and very close to the color of the factory HIDs. The color they are called is "white".

Mind you they don't do **** to see the road but they are very bright. They don't project like headlights but like I said they are very bright. I had some blue ones in there because my car is blue but I was pulled over by the local police and i was told to change them out. I still have those and I can sell them if interested.

2006 300C Straight piped/Predator Tuner more to come.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Also I can snap a picture for you if you'd like to see what the white ones look like. If I can't post it on here I can always email you the pucture.

2006 300C Straight piped/Predator Tuner more to come.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Does anybody know if an HID kit will fit/work with these small fog lights? Will the HID bulb get too hot in that small fog light? I sure would like to put a 4300K HID kit in the fogs as those are the closest match to the factory low beam HID kelvin rating.

·
Registered
420 Posts
HIDs in the fogs will work fine.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You talkin' about the 2012 2nd gen fogs, Mark?
he sure is... big grin here as i get to watch him transform another car into a masterpiece.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
he sure is... big grin here as i get to watch him transform another car into a masterpiece.
Totally...his work and vision are really something to behold. I sat in the Bee, then spent some time going over it in detail, at SF.

It's gonna be cool to see what he comes up with for the 2nd gen! :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Totally...his work and vision are really something to behold. I sat in the Bee, then spent some time going over it in detail, at SF.

It's gonna be cool to see what he comes up with for the 2nd gen! :thinkerg:
Thanks for the kind words MADDOG. Long time no talk, I should be back here on 3CF more now that I am back in the 300 game again. I will post a re-introduction thread showing the new 300 it got dark tonight to take good pics.

I remember that SF well, you need to come back to SF and see how big it has grown. The hotel scene at the Double Tree is amazing now. And the SF event keeps getting better and better, We miss having you there.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
You talkin' about the 2012 2nd gen fogs, Mark?
Yes, I talked with Justin at AAC and he told me the H11 HID kit fits the 2nd gen 300 fog lights. Just found out tonight after driving my new 300S that since I did not get the safetytec package I do not have low/high bean HID from the factory either. I looked at the back of the stock headlight and I hope I can add a low/high beam HID kit as well. Gotta call Justin again tomorrow, lol.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I personally haven't had the time to pull off the facia or splash guard to see if any modifications will be needed to get HID's put in to the fogs. Do you know if the H11 will be a plug-n-play application? Would be nice to know since I've got a grill on order and this will be a perfect opportunity to do fogs while the front facia is off the car.

Subscribed!

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I personally haven't had the time to pull off the facia or splash guard to see if any modifications will be needed to get HID's put in to the fogs. Do you know if the H11 will be a plug-n-play application? Would be nice to know since I've got a grill on order and this will be a perfect opportunity to do fogs while the front facia is off the car.

Subscribed!
HID kits are plug and play. I would order the kit and do both the grill and hid install at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up some HID fogs in San Diego for my 08' for $43 and they are working great.. slim ballast, non-slim ballast kit's are $30...good fit...can't complain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can anyone provide a link or size of the LEDs that fit right into the 2nd gen fog lights. A picture of the color/light ooutput of the LED in fogs would be great. Thanks guys

·
Registered
69 Posts
This H11 HID kit for the fog lights....is this for the 2nd gen models? I see you guys with 1st gen models saying they're a plug n play fit. Not trying to be rude but isn't this section of the forum for just 2nd gen models? Kinda confusing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HID or LED kit for 2013 Chrysler 300C

Hi. Does the H11 HID kit fit on the small fog light of the 2013 Chrysler 300c? How about LEDs? Which will be better? If either the HID or LED can be used to replace the 2013 300C’s stock bulb, can you tell me where can I get a good one?

Thanks!

?

·
Registered
69 Posts
BTW, is the 2013 Chrysler 300C "classified" as 2nd Gen? I'm asking because I really don't know... Thanks.
Yes it would be. I wasn't trying to be a smartass or a jerk. Hope nobody took it that way. Just was looking for the same answer to the question you had and when you get answers from people with 06-08 models its confusing to me because I'm not sure if they're answering on behalf of their model or what.

·
Registered
69 Posts
815Jason, hi... So, have you changed your fog lights already? Or still planning to do so? Will you replace it with HID or LED?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm planning to do so. Not sure what I will go with. If the H11 HID kit is a plug and play, then I may go that route. Saw kits on ebay for less than $70 for the slim kits. Wish there was pictures somewhere of what HID vs LED bulbs look like. What will you go with? Or are you trying to find the same answer? haha

1 - 20 of 73 Posts