Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Odds are I would go with the H11 plasma because I believe that's what I'm hearing is the Bulb size. If you end up doing this before me, post pics as well! haha I can't imagine there being too much difference between the LED and the HID set up. After all, with the fog assembly, I'm just going for the color. I want them to match the DRL's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, if I'm able to change it ahead of you, I will surely post the pics. I'm planning to use HID (H11) with a color temperature of 3000-3500K (yellow) so that it will give better visibility on rainy days/wet roads... Do you think it will be significantly brighter than the stock bulbs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok, if I'm able to change it ahead of you, I will surely post the pics. I'm planning to use HID (H11) with a color temperature of 3000-3500K (yellow) so that it will give better visibility on rainy days/wet roads... Do you think it will be significantly brighter than the stock bulbs?

I would think so. Especially because of the difference in color from the headlights themselves. I know my head lamps and fogs are the same color now and I can barely tell that they are on. I know those yellow ones are pretty bright! lol havent had too much experience with the yellows. I just know that they're bright as hell when they're beaming in my rearview mirror. haha Post pics and links if you don't mind!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sure will... My Kia Mohave/Borrego has HID (3000K) for fog lights and HID (6000K) for the low beam and regular halogen for high beams, and the 3000K gives pretty good illumination of the road even on rainy days.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi. Does the H11 HID kit fit on the small fog light of the 2013 Chrysler 300c? How about LEDs? Which will be better? If either the HID or LED can be used to replace the 2013 300C’s stock bulb, can you tell me where can I get a good one?

Thanks!

?
Hey guys. A little late to say anything here but better late than never!

I love LEDs, but if you're looking to get some good output out of your fog lights they are NOT the way to go. They will be much dimmer than the stock bulbs. Sure they'll look "nice" when someone is looking at them, but you will barely notice they are on. Seriously.

An HID kit, on the other hand, will definitely get you brighter than stock. Make sure you stay under 6000k if you want good visibility. 3000k is the best performer in inclement weather. You'll want a good H11 kit. Also, make sure the bulbs are H11-B bulbs. This video explains why:

Reactions: 815Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
@ pdyebrasil, thanks so much for the information... So, you change your stock fog light bulbs to LED? Can you post a picture of your 300c with the LED bulb? Also, can you give a good brand of HID (H11) for the 300C?

Thanks!

?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Send pics if you go with the yellow look for the fogs. I been thinking about a black on white with yellow accents. Thought about plasti-diping the wing badge on the trunk Yellow, painting the calipers yellow, and throwing black rims on n then having yellow fog lights. I think it would look prettty sweet maybe! So, with that being said, I'd like to see some yellow fogs haha

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just came across this post and you guys are pretty well informed on lighting here, which is a good thing!

For future reference everyone, feel free to shoot me PM's with any questions about LED/HID lighting. I can help you find exactly what you are looking for and save you the headache of having to search all over.

I'll be posting some threads soon with more information and pics of our 300 specific products, and also some fun stuff :wink:

BTW, we are located in STL and shipping is just $5!

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@ pdyebrasil, thanks so much for the information... So, you change your stock fog light bulbs to LED? Can you post a picture of your 300c with the LED bulb? Also, can you give a good brand of HID (H11) for the 300C?
No, I haven't changed my fogs over to LED... My fogs are currently stock halogen. I do, however, have plans to change the fogs over to HID someday. The only bulbs I've changed to LED are the front turn signals, reverse lights, and license plate lights: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2nd-generation-chrysler-300-discussion/113273-2nd-gen-300-exterior-led-light-thread.html

I would recommend The Retrofit Source and their Morimoto brand HID kits. I've used their stuff for years and it's been great. Not to say you can't find any other quality HID kits, but they are VERY few and far between. Of course, they are a little more pricy than other kits, but you definitely get what you pay for. Here's a link: H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

·
Registered
358 Posts
I guess I'll chime in since I've had a set of HID's in my fogs for quite some time now. I purchased the MORIMOTO ELITE HID SYSTEM from The Retrofit Source with 35W ballast. I would order the MOPAR SPECIFIC MORIMOTO HID SYSTEM to avoid the issues I originally had.

I originally installed a 3000K temp bulb but was not totally happy with the color output and quickly changed to a 4300K bulb instead. Not to say the 300K did not light up the road it just looked off with HID headlamps and DRL's and the orange running lights.

The difference between halogen/LED and HID is very dramatic so if you do decide to go this route over the LED's be prepared to get flashed frequently.

I've attached a link to my post so you get an idea of light color and output.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2nd-generation-chrysler-300-discussion/102458-lighting-gurus-4.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
The difference between halogen/LED and HID is very dramatic so if you do decide to go this route over the LED's be prepared to get flashed frequently.

I've attached a link to my post so you get an idea of light color and output.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2nd-generation-chrysler-300-discussion/102458-lighting-gurus-4.html
I would venture to say that if your fog lights are properly aimed you shouldn't have any issues blinding other people and getting flashed. From your picture it looks like both your fog lights are aimed to different heights. They both look a tad high from what I can tell, although one is aimed higher than the other. I love that our cars have projector fogs. If they were reflectors, then it would be probable that HIDs would blind everyone, no matter how they were aimed...

When I originally bought my car (used) both the fog lights were aimed way too low. I had to adjust them up so that they actually gave me some light. It seems like one or both may have drifted a little since then as well. Oh well, now that I did my HID retrofit I don't use my fogs very often :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
@ DiodeDynamics, please post the pics of the 300C specific products... Do you ship to the Philippines? I hope so, if not i would have to have it shipped to my relative, then they can ship it to me.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts