Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Has anyone considered these?

5K WHITE 1800LM LED HEADLIGHTS DRL FOG LIGHTS 9005 9006 H11 H7 H4 | 1 PAIR - Featured

They're 5K LEDs that run at 25W each and have a high power output. Not HID level, but definitely brighter than halogen (1800 lumens vs 1000).

I installed a pair of these in my younger brother's Fiat 500 as headlights and they are great. They match the color of my 300S's factory HIDs very closely. And the ballasts are very tiny and easy to mount (though the kit doesn't include adhesive). Best part is no warm-up time.

I am probably gonna get a pair myself but I was just wondering if anyone else has yet.

·
Registered
544 Posts
On my 2013 300S equipped originally with all halogen lights, I installed a Morimoto Mopar specific kit from The Retrofit Source to replace the 9012 headlights with 4300K 35W HID lamps. For my fogs, I had some old DDM Tuning 35W ballasts lying around ( new, but about 3 years old) and added a relay kit and H11 4300K 35W lamps. I first tried using the original fog light wiring with capacitors, but I was noticing some mild strobing at idle, so I added the relay kit- that took care of the minor flicker at idle. The difference compared to the stock halogen lamps is striking. I can now actually see driving down the highway at night on low beams! So far, no canbus errors, no problems. I may try the H11B lamps in the fog light housings just to see if it really makes much of a difference. One other note, on the main headlights I originally tried 5000K lamps (also Morimoto) but I was noticing some weird purple patches at the edges of the beams (and on the road) , so I went to the 4300K lamps, and that seemed to take care of that problem.
Good call on the 4300K, that's going to be the closest match to an OEM color and have the best output possible. It's not quite as pretty as the 6000K color IMO.

Nick C.

·
Registered
139 Posts

5K WHITE 1800LM LED HEADLIGHTS DRL FOG LIGHTS 9005 9006 H11 H7 H4 | 1 PAIR - Featured

They're 5K LEDs that run at 25W each and have a high power output. Not HID level, but definitely brighter than halogen (1800 lumens vs 1000).

I installed a pair of these in my younger brother's Fiat 500 as headlights and they are great. They match the color of my 300S's factory HIDs very closely. And the ballasts are very tiny and easy to mount (though the kit doesn't include adhesive). Best part is no warm-up time.

I am probably gonna get a pair myself but I was just wondering if anyone else has yet.
I don't have any experience with these particular bulbs, but I am fairly versed in automotive LED lighting. I have built a lot of my own LED arrays for my own cars, as well as buying the pre-built PnP bulbs (like these).

First off, LEDs do not like heat. At all. So even though LEDs are touted as having a 100,000 hour lifetime (or whatever) most aftermarket bulbs fail far sooner than that because of inadequate cooling measures. These bulbs actually look much better than most high power LED bulbs: they have a fairly large heatsink AND a fan to help cool them. Whether it is adequate or not, only time will tell.

Second thing to think about is optics. LEDs are VERY directional. If you look directly into an LED it is SUPER bright. Look at it from an angle, not so much. Looking at these bulbs, they have two LEDs per bulb. One fires up and one fires down. So all of the light is reflected by the top and bottom of the reflector. Even though those LEDs are wide angle LEDs, you have no light shooting directly forward, and no light shooting to the sides into the reflector. So even though you are emitting 1800 Lumens of light, it is not filling out the entire beam. In this case I would say that most of you're light will be in front of you, with almost no width to the beam.

Of course, if you had good experience with them and want to try them out, go for it. I would be very interested to see how they perform. Personally, I would spend an extra $30 and get a quality HID kit that will be brighter, potentially last longer, and won't alter my beam pattern.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I agree the HIDs could be worth the jump but I was just providing an alternative, which in fact answers the OP of the thread. :) Looking at them in our Fiat, the output seems to be great. My brother has had no complaints so far and has used them plenty at night. So for fog lights, which aren't used as much as headlights, I think they may do a great job.

BUT, no one knows the output or fitment in our specific case until they've been tried...so I may be the one to do so.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lots of great info here.
Can anyone tell me what the color in the factory HID headlights are. I see most are favoring the 4300K bubs. I thought the Headlights were more in the
6-7000K range?
How are you guys getting to the foglights? And where do you mount the ballast?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Lots of great info here.
Can anyone tell me what the color in the factory HID headlights are. I see most are favoring the 4300K bubs. I thought the Headlights were more in the
6-7000K range?
How are you guys getting to the foglights? And where do you mount the ballast?
OEM Factory HIDs are rated at 4300k, 6000k to 7000k would be a highly blueish color.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Have you got your hands on these yet?

EDIT: You got your hands on JV clock!? How did u get it?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Have you got your hands on these yet?

EDIT: You got your hands on JV clock!? How did u get it?
In regards to the LED fog lights, not for the 300S yet but I did get a pair for my Escalade and I LOVE them. They match the LED headlamps exactly and have a great amount of output without being overkill. :)

And I got the JV clock on eBay here - 2013 Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition Clock | eBay

It looks so much better in the S interior than the standard clock because the standard one has a chrome surround whereas this one has a piano black finish, just like all the other interior parts in the S. Plus, the backlighting is white and not blue. :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Most factory HIDS are 4300k. Our white leds are going to match a 6000K HID temp.

6000K is mostly white with a slight tint of color

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm planning on upgrading the fog lights on my 300c 2013 to LED lights.

Now, do you know if this require a canbus system or this 300c model doesn't need the extra module?
Cheers

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm planning on upgrading the fog lights on my 300c 2013 to LED lights.

Now, do you know if this require a canbus system or this 300c model doesn't need the extra module?
Cheers
If you go with our SLF LED upgrade bulbs. Your 2013 will NOT require an anti-flicker module.

They are 100% plug-and-play!

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you go with our SLF LED upgrade bulbs. Your 2013 will NOT require an anti-flicker module.

They are 100% plug-and-play!

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Thank you, really appreciate it!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts